Добро пожаловать в Мир Майкла Джексона, Гость!    Регистрация  Или выполнить  Вход       

Заголовок Объявления
Поздравляем
deannispemi
Поздравь участника форума с праздником./Your birthday wishes to the members that are celebrating their Bdays

С днем рождения, Майкл!

Re: С днем рождения, Майкл!

#51  Сообщение Trueamore » 29 авг 2014, 17:07

Michael Jackson birthday celebrations kick off Thursday in Gary

Celebrations for Michael Jackson’s birthday have grown from a block party around his boyhood home to a three-day festival set to start Thursday in what local officials and event promoters hope will become an annual affair.

The Michael Jackson Tribute Festival of the Arts focuses not only on the the famous musician, but also on encouraging new artists.

“(We want to) let them know it’s a good thing to develop the arts,” Karvin Johnson, one of the event’s promoters, said. “Develop your creativity.”

Previous events celebrating Jackson’s birthday on Aug. 29 have centered around his boyhood home at 2300 Jackson St. This year’s events — the fifth since he died in 2009 — have grown to encompass the nearby Roosevelt High School campus and will feature local and new artists.

Jackson’s mother, Katherine Jackson, spearheaded the event, Johnson said, and she and other family members, including Michael Jackson’s children, will attend.

“She wants to set something in place that will be something to commemorate and celebrate Michael’s legacy,” Johnson said.

Johnson said he expects about 5,000 people a day at the festival, including people from Brazil, Canada and China.

The festival kicks off Thursday with an orchestra and choir made up of Gary students singing and playing a medley of Michael Jackson songs. The Gary Community School Corp. held an audition earlier this summer for the lead singer.

“Michael Jackson has always been one of the most beloved if not most beloved artists in R&B history,” Charmella Greer, spokeswoman for the school district, said. “Students, whether young or older, it doesn’t matter, they’re excited about (the festival).”

The musical performance will be followed by a special ceremony at Roosevelt High School Thursday afternoon, which will include remarks by local officials.

Other highlights include a stage that will be next to the former Jackson home for new and emerging artists, a chance to learn record scratching and to play on drums, and a trivia competition that will, of course, focus on the Jackson family. Saturday will include a car show and a dance competition that will be judged by Michael Jackson’s children, Johnson said.

The festival will conclude Saturday night with a live musical performance by the band Mindless Behavior and fireworks.

“The main thing is to encourage kids that you can express yourself through art,” Johnson said.

Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson said she sees the festival as a key piece to a week of events in Gary, including the Fuller Center Build, a service project that will build four homes in the area of the Jackson family’s former home.

“I think it will be a very positive even,” Freeman-Wilson said. “...I think it provides a new look, a positive look (of Gary).”

Both Freeman-Wilson and Johnson said they would like to see this event continue and grow each year.

Johnson said the event promoters had looked at previous Jackson celebrations to see what worked and what didn’t to form this year’s plans and hope to add even more events in coming years, including possibly a circus.

Another event promoter, Sharon Chamber, a Gary businesswoman who became involved after the Jackson family contacted her about home insurance for the house at 2300 Jackson St.,, said she would love to see the event become a regular tourist attraction like Graceland, Elvis Presley’s former home.

“I was just kind of hoping this becomes an annual thing… a national tribute to Michael,” she said.

Freeman-Wilson said she would like to work with the South Shore Convention and Visitors Authority to find a way to quantify what the festival brings to the city, including in money spent.

“We know it’s going to be a positive thing,” she said. “The question then becomes what does it look like and how much.”

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/2 ... ACIkFNy8pl

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Trueamore поблагодарили (всего 6):
Liberian Girl (31 авг 2014, 05:54) • Lina (30 авг 2014, 09:42) • Admin (30 авг 2014, 00:59) • TAIS (29 авг 2014, 22:04) • MagicalLove (29 авг 2014, 19:26) • franklin5569 (29 авг 2014, 18:26)
Рейтинг: 54.55%

Trueamore
Благодарил (а): 6693 раз.

#52  Сообщение Trueamore » 29 авг 2014, 17:37

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Trueamore поблагодарили (всего 5):
Lina (30 авг 2014, 09:42) • Admin (30 авг 2014, 00:59) • TAIS (29 авг 2014, 22:04) • MagicalLove (29 авг 2014, 19:26) • franklin5569 (29 авг 2014, 18:26)
Рейтинг: 45.45%

Trueamore

#53  Сообщение Moonwal*king* » 29 авг 2014, 18:13

С днем рождения, величайший человек. Таких как Вы не было, нет и не будет никогда..

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Moonwal*king* поблагодарили (всего 5):
Trueamore (30 авг 2014, 10:58) • Lina (30 авг 2014, 09:42) • Admin (30 авг 2014, 00:59) • MagicalLove (29 авг 2014, 19:26) • franklin5569 (29 авг 2014, 18:27)

Moonwal*king*
Прогресс до нового звания:
20.8%
Благодарил (а): 484 раз.

#54  Сообщение MagicalLove » 29 авг 2014, 19:32

Happy birthday dear Michael! Love you with all my heart!
icon_flowers2 icon_flowers2 icon_flowers2
Изображение
Изображение

you are in my heart forever icon_colorfulherats

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 4):
Trueamore (30 авг 2014, 10:59) • Lina (30 авг 2014, 09:43) • Admin (30 авг 2014, 00:59) • franklin5569 (29 авг 2014, 21:54)
Рейтинг: 36.36%

MagicalLove
69.9%
Благодарил (а): 3518 раз.

#55  Сообщение ЛенаДжексон » 29 авг 2014, 22:43

Изображение
ИзображениеИзображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора ЛенаДжексон поблагодарили (всего 5):
MagicalLove (30 авг 2014, 20:12) • Trueamore (30 авг 2014, 10:59) • Lina (30 авг 2014, 09:43) • franklin5569 (30 авг 2014, 03:55) • Admin (30 авг 2014, 00:59)

ЛенаДжексон
16.3%
Благодарил (а): 112 раз.

#56  Сообщение Admin » 30 авг 2014, 01:10

Празднуя день рождения Майкла Джексона, хочу поделиться запиской, которую он оставил на моих клавишах во времена работы над Хистори

Джимми Джем, та часть, которую я слышу в припеве, звучит так же как и в песне " Мост к знаниям ", звук, похожий на ветер. Поговори со мной об этом, когда я вернусь в студию. Люблю МД

Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Admin поблагодарили (всего 6):
Liberian Girl (31 авг 2014, 05:53) • MagicalLove (30 авг 2014, 20:12) • Moonwal*king* (30 авг 2014, 18:40) • Trueamore (30 авг 2014, 10:59) • Lina (30 авг 2014, 09:43) • franklin5569 (30 авг 2014, 03:54)
Рейтинг: 54.55%

Admin
Автор темы
Благодарил (а): 11977 раз.

#57  Сообщение MagicalLove » 30 авг 2014, 20:14

Latoya Jackson Writes To Michael Jackson On His Birthday / Ла Тойя пишет Майклу Джексону в его день рождения

by WENN

Latoya Jackson has penned a touching message to her brother Michael Jackson, who would have turned 56 on Friday (29Aug14).

The Billie Jean hitmaker passed away in 2009 and his elder sister LaToya took to Twitter.com on Friday to reveal she still feels the pain of his loss on what would have been her brother’s birthday.

She writes, “A lost is such a pain u can Neverrecover from (sic)! Such an emptiness 2day (sic)! I want 2 call & say Happy Birthday but I can’t (sic)! I’ll always love you!”

Socialite Paris Hilton also honoured the star by posting a snap on Instagram.com showing herself as a child with the singer behind the scenes of his Bad music promo shoot.

She writes, “Happy Birthday Michael Jackson! Love & miss you lots! You will always be special to me & close to my heart. I will never forget this day being on set with you for your music video. Thinking of you on your birthday.”

Jackson’s mother Katherine is marking the occasion with the fifth annual Michael Jackson Tribute Festival of the Arts event, which takes place in the family’s hometown of Gary, Indiana and began on Thursday (28Aug14).

Source: contactmusic / WENN / MJ-Upbeat.com

Link: http://www.contactmusic.com/story/latoy ... ay_4346046
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

Liberian Girl (31 авг 2014, 05:53) • Trueamore (30 авг 2014, 23:21) • franklin5569 (30 авг 2014, 21:25) • Lina (30 авг 2014, 21:02)

MagicalLove
69.9%

#58  Сообщение MagicalLove » 30 авг 2014, 20:17

Quincy Jones Shares His Memories Of Michael Jackson / Квинси Джоунс делится воспоминаниями о Майкле Джексоне

by Samantha Hunter (@wordweaver555)

It’s been five years since the passing of Michael Jackson, who would’ve been 56 years old today. To honor his life, we’re looking back to a recent VH1 exclusive interview with his close friend and collaborator, legendary producer Quincy Jones.

Jones recalls first meeting 12-year-old Jackson during his family band days, but the two crossed paths again years later on the set of Sidney Lumet’s film, The Wiz. It was there that Jackson first approached Jones looking for someone to produce his next album. Preoccupied with his own work on the soundtrack for the film, Jones dismissed Jackson’s request. But it wasn’t long before Jones was won over by Jackson’s stellar talent and uncompromising work ethic on the movie set.

Jones signed on to work with Jackson to create Off The Wall, released in 1979. Three years later, they teamed up again for Thriller, and the rest is zillion-selling history.

The pair went through a whopping 800 songs to get down to nine that would be used for Thriller. And the tenacity didn’t stop there. “You look at the nine you have and very honestly say, ‘What are the four weakest songs in the company of these nine?’ And you take those out and try to make those your four strongest on the album.”

The effort certainly paid off. With Thriller, Jones and Jackson defined an era of music and set a high standard that artists still strive toward today. For Jones, working with Jackson on Thrillerleft him with memories to last a lifetime. “With Michael, it was an amazing love…and trust,” shared Jones.

Read More: http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2014-08- ... l-jackson/

Source: VH1 / Samantha Hunter / MJ-Upbeat.com
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

Liberian Girl (31 авг 2014, 05:53) • Trueamore (30 авг 2014, 23:22) • franklin5569 (30 авг 2014, 21:24) • Lina (30 авг 2014, 21:03)

MagicalLove
69.9%

#59  Сообщение Trueamore » 30 авг 2014, 23:24

Happy Birthday MJ: How 'Remember The Time' Reminds Us Of Michael Jackson's Greatness

Michael Jackson would have turned 56 today. Since his 2009 death, the otherworldly music icon's ever-evolving legend has taken an even more surreal turn: his peerless mystique a study in how the afterlife of music's highest selling solo act has skyrocketed into an unprecedented fourth act. Jackson's estate has raked in more than $700 million through such projects as his recent posthumous album Xscape; his critically acclaimed Cirque du Soleil shows based on his hit songs; and the well-received concert film This Is It, which according to Forbes has grossed over $260 million across the globe.

But when discussing the impact and accomplishments of the larger-than-life entertainer who proudly embraced his chest-beating title as the undisputed King of Pop to at times remarkable excess, one era for Michael Jackson is often times eclipsed by the post-disco genius of Off The Wall (1979); the world-beating, record breaking hysteria that is Thriller (1982); and the obsessive pop craftsmanship of Bad (1987). 1991's Dangerous is largely viewed as Jackson's not so subtle attempt to recapture his R&B base after years of ruling the pop universe. But MJ 's musical alliance with New Jack Swing visionary Teddy Riley should be viewed in another important context: It ignited R&B's next great run. And the primary song we have to thank for that is "Remember The Time."

In the early '90s, rhythm and blues was king as the Billboard Hot 100 charts saw a dominating streak of African-American artists crossing over on their own terms. In 1993 alone (arguably R&B's last great commercial run before hip-hop's complete cultural takeover), 23 of the 25 top pop singles of the year came straight from the Hot R&B Songs charts as the likes of R. Kelly, Mary J. Blige, Toni Braxton and MJ's baby sister Janet ruled the top 10. However, it could be said that this impressive streak was not only sparked by the emergence of SoundScan in 1991—which finally gave a more accurate figure for music sales over the retail counter—but Jackson's full embrace of Riley's sound.

Before Dangerous' "Remember The Time," New Jack Swing had enjoyed a hugely successful run as America's coolest trend-setting youthful soundtrack. Riley produced statements by Keith Sweat and Teddy's own groundbreaking supergroup Guy sold millions of albums and managed to impact the pop charts without ever having to water down its signature sound that boldly merged gospel, soul and hip-hop. Bobby Brown became the biggest R&B star on the planet selling over 7 million copies of his sophomore 1988 solo work Don't Be Cruel, an album propelled by the Riley orchestrated monster anthem "My Prerogative," a game-changing No. 1 pop single that showed the music industry that New Jack Swing was more than ready for its mainstream close up.

Everyone it seems wanted that Teddy Riley magic, including the biggest entertainer on the planet—Michael Jackson. After meeting with the Harlem-born producer, the unlikely pair discussed some of the demoed tracks that would later make the cut on Jackson's fourth adult solo effort. One track in particular caught MJ's ears.

"When I played my demos for Michael he stopped me at the fifth song, which was 'Remember The Time,’" Riley once told me of his early meetings with Jackson. "He took me to the back room and I thought I was going to get fired. I thought I had done something wrong, but it was a chord that he couldn’t get around. He didn’t know the church chords. The first chord you hear on ‘Remember The Time’ started off that song in a very church way. He never started off his songs in that way, and that’s why he pulled me in the back because it was so unusual for him."

It was indeed a gamble for Jackson. Yes, Off The Wall (arguably his most potent pure artistic statement) was straight-no-chaser R&B; a nearly flawless dance floor boogie foot stomper that often time bubbled over with swaggering funk despite its pop chart success. But after Thriller and Bad, MJ's fans had come to expect a more universal sheen to his work than the unfiltered church-inflected soul of "Remember The Time," which seemed worlds apart from the pure pop confections of say "Beat It," I Just Can't Stop Loving You," and "Smooth Criminal." And yet the results proved to be stunning.

While Dangerous' sugary first single "Black Or White" was savvy business-as-usual for the criminally underrated songwriter (Jackson gift for melody had few peers), "Remember The Time" exploded out the speakers. "Do you remember/Us holding hands/In each other's eyes we would stare," a heartfelt Jackson sung. "Remember The Time's" ancient Egyptian-theme video, which featured an all-black cast, was telling. From it's visuals to its gospel-rooted groove, "Remember The Time" was unapologetically black.

Maybe a little too black.

"Remember The Time" peaked at no. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 on March 7, 1992, but topped the R&B charts as Jackson's first no. 1 single since Bad's "Another Part of Me." Yet the track's overall reach was clear as it hit the top 10 in more than 11 countries. Jackson had taken Riley's New Jack Swing to new global heights making the newest era of rhythm and blues into the go-to pop sound.

"Working with Michael was like going to college," Riley said of the experience. "He basically gave me the map. He navigated me on how to actually compose. I could say I introduced the New Jack Swing chords to him. All of those songs were great to work on: ‘In The Closet’; ‘Jam’; ‘Can’t Let Her Get Away’…that’s history for me. It was a great feeling to be a part of a huge selling album like that…over 30 million records of Dangerous.”

Thank the Music Gods for Michael Jackson. —Keith Murphy (@murphdogg29)

http://www.vibe.com/article/happy-birth ... -greatness

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Trueamore поблагодарили (всего 2):
Lina (31 авг 2014, 13:49) • Liberian Girl (31 авг 2014, 05:53)
Рейтинг: 18.18%

Trueamore

#60  Сообщение Trueamore » 30 авг 2014, 23:27

Michael Jackson’s Brothers Honored Him at Tom Joyner Sky Show

Изображение

*Yesterday, August 29, on what would have been Michael Jackson‘s 56th Birthday his brothers – The Jacksons – shared personal family stories at Tom Joyner’s annual event celebrating family during the Tom Joyner Sky Show®.
The Jacksons, by the way, are performing tonight at the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion. They are also currently on tour and recording a new album.

The famous brothers talked to the TJMS about growing up in Indiana, their sleeping arrangements in their small home and who pee’d in the bed.

Friday morning’s live broadcast also included performances by KEM and Eddie Levert. The live broadcast was open to the public.

See the full interview with transcript here on BlackAmericaWeb.com.

http://www.eurweb.com/2014/08/michael-j ... -sky-show/

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Trueamore поблагодарили (всего 2):
Lina (31 авг 2014, 13:48) • Liberian Girl (31 авг 2014, 05:53)
Рейтинг: 18.18%

Trueamore

Пред.След.

Вернуться в С ДНЕМ РОЖДЕНИЯ! / HAPPY BIRTHDAY!