Добро пожаловать в Мир Майкла Джексона, Гость!    Регистрация  Или выполнить  Вход       

Судебные процессы против Конрада Мюррея, иск Кэтрин Джексон против AEG Live./The Trial of Conrad Murray, Katherine Jackson AEG Lawsuit

Кэтрин Джексон против AEG Live

Re: Кэтрин Джексон против AEG Live

#1031  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 04 окт 2013, 04:08

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/
ivy

showbiz tonight

Hello. I`m A.J. Hammer. Thank you for watching tonight.

The shocking verdict in the Michael Jackson trial and the big loss for Michael Jackson`s family.

Jackson`s family claim that concert promoters AEG Live, who were working with Michael Jackson on a tour, were responsible for his death, and AEG should pay them $2 billion.

But just hours ago the jury delivered its verdict. The concert promoters AEG Live were not responsible for Michael`s death. It came down to two questions, and here is how it all played out when the verdict was read, and we saw it live right here on HLN.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Question number 1, did AEG Live hire Dr. Conrad Murray? Answer yes. Question number 2, was Conrad -- was Dr. Conrad Murray unfit or incompetent to perform the work for which he was hired? Answer, no.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HAMMER: And with that, separate from any appeals, this legal battle is over.

With me tonight from right outside the courthouse in Los Angeles where the verdict came down tonight, CNN Wire entertainment editor Alan Duke, he`s been covering this trial from the very beginning.

So Alan, given what you saw day in and day out over the past 21 weeks, everything that was presented to us, did this verdict surprise you?

ALAN DUKE, ENTERTAINMENT EDITOR, CNN: I would never have predicted that this verdict would hinge on the question if Conrad Murray was competent or incompetent, or unfit. This was about a man who is in prison right now for involuntary manslaughter for the death of Michael Jackson.

Yet, this jury voted, at least nine of them, that Conrad Murray was fit and competent for the job for which he was hired. That to me was a stunner. It was so stunning his own lawyer, Valerie Wass, almost fainted. She was sitting behind me and let out a gasp.

HAMMER: Just amazing to have seen this come down so quickly. They read question number 1, determined that, in fact, AEG Live did hire Dr. Conrad Murray, which was a big lingering question. And then question two about his incompetence.

CNN legal analyst Sunny Hostin also with us tonight. It was really a shocker to me, having watched this trial very closely. From a legal perspective, you know, the guy is in jail. The guy that they found competent. Were you surprised?

SUNNY HOSTIN, CNN LEGAL ANALYST: I wasn`t surprised, because this way this case sort of shook out, A.J., was that a lot of the executives that were involved in this were released from the case. So the only question in front of jury was, was AEG negligent in hiring Dr. Conrad Murray?

Now, I thought perhaps the issue was going to be did AEG hire Conrad Murray? Because so many people testified about Michael Jackson having this relationship with Dr. Murray and, you know, making it clear that he sort of hand-picked this man. He hand-picked this doctor.

But in my view, once the jury found that AEG hired Dr. Murray, I didn`t think that it was a crazy outcome for them to say, "But he was actually fit and competent to perform the work for which he was hired."

Because what was he really hired to do? He wasn`t hired to give Michael Jackson Propofol. Right? He was hired to give Michael Jackson medical care, to make sure that he could perform. Not to give him anesthesia so that he could sleep.

And so when you look at it like that, what was he hired to do? He was hired to be Michael Jackson`s doctor. I think that the jury actually came back with the right verdict in this case.

HAMMER: And now that we have that verdict, Sunny, it`s hard to imagine what the family is going through right now. I mean, Alan, this family has been dealing with legal drama surrounding Michael Jackson`s death literally since the day he died over four years ago.

You know Katherine Jackson well. This was very important for her to bring this lawsuit to get, if not closure, to bring some kind of an end to all of this drama. How devastated do you think she is right now?

DUKE: Well, first of all, this didn`t cost her any money, if you`re wondering about her losing millions of dollars because she had to pay legal fees. The lawyers took care of that on a contingency. So she`s not out there.

And she can at least say that her search for the truth yielded some gold for her. She was able to learn and the world was able to hear firsthand a lot about how Michael Jackson died and his last months. If it`s not about the money, then it`s about the truth; then perhaps she feels that she got something out of this.

By the way, she was so relaxed. She was playing word games on her iPad as she waited for the verdict to happen.

HAMMER: Remarkable. What a day it is for the Jackson family. We`ll have to see what happens with any appeals, if there are going be any. But this is yet another monumental day in the history and legacy, if you will, of Michael.

Я готова верить, но надо знать во что!

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Liberian Girl поблагодарили (всего 3):
TAIS (04 окт 2013, 16:50) • Admin (04 окт 2013, 15:53) • franklin5569 (04 окт 2013, 04:10)
Рейтинг: 27.27%

Liberian Girl
Благодарил (а): 2485 раз.

#1032  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 04 окт 2013, 04:14

AEG Live Not Liable for Michael Jackson's Death, Jury Rules

видео по ссылке

After less than a week of deliberation, the jury in Michael Jackson's family's wrongful death suit against AEG Live ruled in favor of the concert promotion company.

The King of Pop's mother, Katherine Jackson, and his three children -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- sued the concert promoter in 2010, claiming that the company was negligent in hiring Dr. Conrad Murray to tend to the pop star.

"The jury's decision completely vindicates AEG Live, confirming what we have known from the start -- that although Michael Jackson's death was a terrible tragedy, it was not a tragedy of AEG Live's making," said Marvin Putnam of O'Melveny & Myers LLP, lead trial counsel for the defendants in the lawsuit, shortly after the verdict.

In speaking with the media later, Putnam called the verdict a "great testament to how our system works." Noting that the Jackson family had initially asked for $40.2 billion, he said that in going to trial, AEG Live was defending its "good name" and was not willing to "settle for something they think is a shakedown."

AEG Live and companies like it are "not going to simply bend and settle for something they think is wrong and create a precedent no one should have to live with," he added. "These are real people who are being accused of killing Michael Jackson."

AEG Live executive Randy Phillips, who was personally named in the suit, said, "I counted Michael Jackson [as] a creative partner and a friend. ... We lost one of the world's greatest musical geniuses, but I am relieved and deeply grateful that the jury recognized that neither I, nor anyone else at AEG Live, played any part in Michael's tragic death."

"AEG has denied for years, and continues to deny, that they hired Dr. Conrad Murray. The jury found unanimously that AEG hired Dr. Murray. AEG has repeated the mantra that this lawsuit was a shakedown. Such a statement is a slap in the face of the entire judicial system that allowed this case to get to a jury," Katherine Jackson said in a statement.

"We have said from the beginning that this case was a search for the truth. We found the truth. AEG hired Dr. Conrad Murray, the man who is in jail for killing Michael Jackson. All options regarding the balance of the jury verdict are being considered," she added.

Speaking at the press conference, jury foreman Gregg Barden echoed the attorneys' view of the case as tragic all around.

"We don't walk away thinking it was a victory on one side or the other," Barden said. "It was a tragic situation."

In 2011, Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter for administering a fatal dose of propofol. Today, the jury ruled that AEG Live was responsible for hiring Murray, but that he was not unfit or incompetent to perform the work for which he was hired.

"We are disappointed by the verdict but respect the jury system," said Brian Panish, the Jacksons' attorney.

When asked whether the family would appeal, Panish said, "We will evaluate everything and decide."

Throughout the trial, Jackson's drug use was discussed at great length, as was his passion for performing. Those who knew the singer claimed that his planned "This Is It" tour was to be his big comeback, but AEG Live's representatives said that the tour never would have been financed if they'd known about Jackson's dependency on painkillers.

"Michael Jackson was used to getting his own way, he was a big star, he had all these doctors who wanted to be his doctor," said juror Kevin Smith. "If anybody said no, they were out of the mix."

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Liberian Girl поблагодарили (всего 2):
TAIS (04 окт 2013, 16:50) • Admin (04 окт 2013, 15:53)
Рейтинг: 18.18%

Liberian Girl

#1033  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 04 окт 2013, 04:22

Conrad Murray speaks out on ‘justice’ in Michael Jackson death trial verdict

LOS ANGELES (CNN) — The doctor convicted in Michael Jackson’s death sees the jury’s verdict in a wrongful death civil trial as “justice.”

“I cried because, for once, the world was allowed to hear some of the facts at they pertain to this matter — a lot of facts that have been suppressed, much of which I was denied and my attorneys could not present during my criminal trial,” Dr. Conrad Murray said on NBC’s “Today” on Thursday.
He described himself as “relieved.”

A jury found Wednesday that concert promoter AEG Live was not liable in Jackson’s death. The jury found that AEG Live had hired Conrad Murray, but that Murray was competent.

“The jury’s decision completely vindicates AEG Live, confirming what we have known from the start — that although Michael Jackson’s death was a terrible tragedy, it was not a tragedy of AEG Live’s making,” AEG Live attorney Marvin Putnam said.

The jury rejected Putnam’s contention that AEG Live did not hire Murray, but the conclusion that the doctor was not “unfit or incompetent” got the company off the hook for a potential billion dollar judgment.

The decision ended a five-month trial, but likely began a years-long appeal process.
It will not help Murray’s appeal on his criminal conviction, however.

And the jury foreman disputed suggestions by Murray’s legal team that the verdict supports his case. The foreman added that he would not want Murray treating him.

Jackson lawyer: ‘We found the truth’

“AEG has denied for years, and continues to deny, that they hired Dr. Conrad Murray,” Katherine Jackson’s lawyers said in a statement released late Wednesday. “The jury found unanimously that AEG hired Dr. Murray. AEG has repeated the mantra that this lawsuit was a shakedown. Such a statement is a slap in the face of the entire judicial system that allowed this case to get to a jury.”

While the verdict means no money in damages for the Jacksons, the statement suggested they believe they gained something from the trial. “We have said from the beginning that this case was a search for the truth,” it said. “We found the truth. AEG hired Dr. Conrad Murray, the man who is in jail for killing Michael Jackson.”

Jackson lawyers, who were discussing the grounds for an appeal even before the verdict was read, indicated the legal fight is not over. “All options regarding the balance of the jury verdict are being considered,” their statement said.

Katherine Jackson, 83, sat with nephew Trent Jackson and a lawyer for the reading of the verdict in a large Los Angeles courtroom Wednesday. She played a word game on her iPad while sitting on a hallway bench to pass the time before the reading. None of her sons, daughters or grandchildren attended court Wednesday.

Jurors became Jackson fans

Testimony by 58 witnesses over 83 days included intimate revelations by those closest to the singer — pulling back the curtain on Jackson’s dreams, passions, pain and fears. It shed light into his intractable insomnia that led to Jackson’s death from an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol just days before the planned premiere of his comeback concert.

Contrary to some expectations that the trial would damage Jackson’s reputation with its focus on his drug abuse, jury foreman Gregg Barden said Thursday that what he saw and heard made him a bigger fan of the King of Pop. He bought some of Jackson’s albums growing up, but it wasn’t until serving as a juror in the wrongful death trial that he realized his talent, generosity and personality, Barden said.

Barden — a high school football coach — said he came close to crying in court when Jackson lawyers played a video of Jackson’s children as he sang “Speechless,” a song he wrote to describe his love for his children.

“This Is It” show director Kenny Ortega also won new fans from the jury.

Barden said jurors believed Ortega was “absolutely truthful” in his testimony about Jackson’s deteriorated condition a week before he died, but his “miraculous” recovery at his last two rehearsals.

“He got emotional a couple of times and had to walk off the stand, we really felt bad for him, but he was also a man who put in so much work and so much effort and did everything he could, we felt, to try to help Michael,” Barden said.

Several jurors, including Barden, applauded at the end of Ortega’s dramatic testimony.

“It was just the absolute honesty of what he was doing,” Barden said. “All of the sudden the jurors sitting there for all those months, we watched all these other guys get up there and we were asking ‘Is that the truth or is that a lie?’ Now all of a sudden we didn’t have to do that. We could just relax and listen because everything he said was the truth. That’s why he got applauded.”

Fit and competent, but unethical?

Barden suggested jurors were boxed in by the wording of the second question on their verdict form: “Was Dr. Conrad Murray unfit or incompetent to perform the work for which he was hired?”

Jurors interpreted “the work” to be as a “general practitioner” who was expected to treat Jackson and his children for routine illnesses — not to infuse him with profopol to put him to sleep every night, Barden said.

“Conrad Murray had a license, he graduated from an accredited college and we felt he was competent to do the job of being a general practitioner,” Barden said. “Now, that doesn’t mean that we felt he was ethical, and maybe had the word ethical been in the question, it could have been a different outcome. But because it was for the job he was hired to do, that was what we had to focus on.”

Jackson lawyers argued that one reason Murray was unfit was because he had a conflict of interest. His deep financial debt made him conflicted to the point that he took dangerous risks with his patient because he feared losing the $150,000 monthly salary that AEG Live agreed to pay him to treat Jackson, they argued.

Jurors apparently did not see medical ethics as an essential element for a fit and competent physician.

HLN’s Nancy Grace asked Barden if he believed Murray was unethical. “You betcha!” he answered. “Because he went way beyond what he was supposed to do.”

Juror: AEG was ‘in the dark’

Interviews with Barden and another juror indicate that even if they had decided Murray was unfit and incompetent, the jury still might not have held AEG Live responsible for the doctor giving Jackson the dangerous nightly infusions of propofol that eventually killed him.

“There was not one shred of evidence presented over five months to back up the fact that AEG could have known that Dr. Murray was doing that,” Barden said.

Juror Kevin White agreed. “If AEG had known what was going on behind closed doors, it probably would have made a world of difference, but they didn’t,” White said.

AEG Live lawyers were apparently effective with their strategy of calling several of Jackson’s former doctors to testify about how the singer developed close friendships with them. Jackson was talented at “doctor shopping” and keeping his various physicians in the dark about each other, they argued.
“Michael Jackson was pretty used to getting his own way,” White said. “He was a big star. He had all these doctors who wanted to be his doctor and he could pretty much get what he wanted. If anybody said ‘No,’ well, they were out of the mix and he’d find somebody else.”

Murray treated Jackson in an upstairs bedroom at his mansion, where no one else could see, White said. “How could AEG have done anything about it when they were kept in the dark?”

Murray’s lawyer: ‘This is huge’

No one seemed more surprised in courtroom when the verdict was read than Murray’s lawyers. Valerie Wass, who had sat in on much of the trial so she could give personal reports to her jailed client, let out an audible gasp when the court clerk read the jury’s “No” to the question “Was Dr. Conrad Murray unfit or incompetent to perform the work for which he was hired?”

Murray was “very, very emotional” when Wass visited him in jail to discuss the verdict Wednesday evening, Wass said.

The civil trial verdict has no impact on Murray’s criminal appeal, “but in the court of public opinion, this is huge,” Wass told CNN.

Murray, who is appealing his involuntary manslaughter conviction, is scheduled to be released from jail this month after serving two years of a four-year sentence.

His medical licenses were suspended after his conviction two years ago, but he could regain them, Wass said “He has a lot of patients who really want him to come back and practice,” she said. “And we’ll see.”

On NBC, Murray said, “I will restart my life and, God willing, I will be a model to show the world that despite adversity, and when bad things happen to good people, they can restart their life and succeed.

The jury foreman bristled at the suggestion that Murray was vindicated by his verdict.

“Absolutely not,” Barden said. “I don’t see it as a vindication of Dr. Murray, and no, I would not hire him as my doctor. It’s not a vindication. Again, it’s the way the question was worded.”

Asked by NBC whether he felt vindicated, Murray said the verdict showed him that “you have to wait on the Lord. You just have to know that he is there for you, and he is going to deliver his justice on his time.”

CNN’s Josh Levs contributed to this report.

Показать ссылки поста

TAIS (04 окт 2013, 16:50) • Admin (04 окт 2013, 15:53)

Liberian Girl

#1034  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 04 окт 2013, 04:27

Verdict in, but what's next for Jackson family?

* A jury Wednesday found AEG, promoter of Michael Jackson's planned final tour, not liable in pop star's death
* As result of verdict, Jackson family will not be awarded any money
* There's a lot of confusion about what the jury's decision means, because it isn't a typical verdict

Изображение

AEG live, the promoter of Michael Jackson’s planned final tour, was found not liable late Wednesday in the pop star’s death, but there’s more to the jury’s verdict than just that.

The case will likely not end with the verdict because attorneys for the Jackson family have already said they have grounds for an appeal.

The Jackson family’s lawsuit against AEG Live hinged on whether the company was negligent at the time Dr. Conrad Murray was hired.

Murray was convicted November 7, 2011, of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death from an overdose of propofol, a powerful anesthetic, and sentenced to four years behind bars with eligibility for parole after two. Murray is scheduled to be released from prison early on October 28.

To convince a jury that AEG Live was negligent in hiring Murray, the Jackson family attorneys would have had to prove the company did not take proper or reasonable care in making their hiring decision. Therefore, the instructions given to the jury included a series of questions that had to be answered affirmatively in order to find the company negligent.

The first question asked if AEG Live hired Murray. The jury answered "Yes" to that question, but got hung up on the second question, which was “Was Dr. Conrad Murray unfit or incompetent to perform the work for which he was hired?”

The jury answered this question with a “No.” Therefore, they believed AEG Live took reasonable care in hiring Murray because he was competent to practice medicine.

AEG Live’s attorney Marvin Putnam reminded the jury during his closing argument that, before Jackson’s death, Murray was in good standing to practice medicine in multiple states, with no complaints, no pending lawsuits and no criminal cases on his record.

Since the jury answered the second question with a “No,” the deliberations were finished, and a verdict was reached.

The verdict also means that the Jacksons' legal battles may not be over. They could appeal their case against AEG Live to a higher court, and they could also sue Murray for damages for his role in Jackson’s death.

The doctor may have limited resources as he sits in prison, but the family could sue him for future earnings. If the Jacksons are successful in suing Murray, he may have to turn over any proceeds from a book deal or any income if he ever practices medicine again.

Показать ссылки поста

Admin (04 окт 2013, 15:53) • TAIS (04 окт 2013, 09:27)

Liberian Girl

#1035  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 04 окт 2013, 04:32

Katherine Jackson Is "Very Sad" About Michael Jackson's Wrongful Death Verdict, Says Sourcе

Изображение

We are now learning how Katherine Jackson is coping following the verdict that the concert promoter AEG Live was not liable in the 2009 death of her son, Michael Jackson.

"Katherine was very sad about the verdict," a source close to the situation tells E! News exclusively.
The source could not provide any more information.

The six-man, six-woman jury decided in favor of the concert promoter on Wednesday, Oct. 2, after nearly five months of testimony.

Katherine had alleged that AEG Live contributed to her son's death by negligently hiring Dr. Conrad Murray to oversee his medical care without properly vetting the doctor or paying concern to signs that her 50-year-old son's health was in decline.

"We think this was a very important case to bring for a lot of reasons," Kevin Boyle, an attorney for Katherine, told reporters after the verdict was reached.

"We think what we've done with this case is proved some things that are important for the Jackson family and for the concert industry and the sports industry with regard to treatment by doctors," Boyle said. "We, of course, are not happy with the result as it stands now, we will be exploring all options legally and factually and make a decision about anything at a later time."

Katherine was present for the reading of the verdict.

The jury started deliberations on Thursday, Sept. 26, after dozens of witnesses testified, including Jackson's mother; his son Prince; daughter Paris (via video deposition); and ex-wife Deborah Rowe.

Показать ссылки поста

Liberian Girl

#1036  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 04 окт 2013, 04:37

Michael Jackson's influence echoes across genres, generations

Изображение
Upset supporters of the Jackson family react outside court in Los Angeles after the verdict in the AEG Live trial. (Joe Klamar / Agence-France Presse / October 2, 2013)

With Wednesday’s verdict that concert promoter AEG Live was not liable in the death of Michael Jackson, the singer’s road to artistic redemption can move forward -- minus the depressing personal details.

The trial's revelations of the civil suit filed by Jackson's mother and three children featured toxicology reports, airing in public Jackson's many dependency issues, stuff that has little to do with the glory of "Rock with You." Outside Neverland, the King of Pop was quite mortal. But we already knew that. We just keep being reminded of it whenever we turn on the news.

So hopefully Oct. 2, 2013, will be remembered not so much as the day that AEG dodged a bullet/the Jackson family was denied justice (take your pick), but as the day that his musical legacy begins an uninterupted ascent.

Billie Holiday was a lifelong junkie and died a horrible death, after all, but that detail pales beside her work with Lester Young. Elliott Smith was smoking crack and heroin in the year before he stabbed himself in the heart. He's dead and that's a drag -- but we've still got "Clementine." Elvis Presley's final years were horrifying; his version of "A Little Less Conversation" was not.  

One glimpse at pop music in 2013 is enough to confirm that Jackson's musical spirit, that floating body of rhythm and bliss that typified his best work, is drifting through contemporary music at a steady clip. Hints of his sound permeate both hip clubs and the dance underground, and hum through the new frontiers of contemporary R&B.

The classic sound of Jackson circa "Off the Wall," "Thriller" and "Bad," for example, dots the new album "Days Are Gone" by Los Angeles sister group Haim. The stuttering lines that pepper the chorus of  "Forever" are pure "Off the Wall" groove, worked into a funky stomp but fully connected to the joy of MJ release. "Go Slow" rolls along with the candlelit grace of "Human Nature."

Another relatively recent nod was delivered by Toronto seducer and Drake collaborator the Weeknd, whose breakout EP, "Echoes of Silence," featured a much lauded cover of "Dirty Diana" woven into his alt-soul groove.

Most prominently, this summer the wickedly funky guitar lines snaking through Daft Punk's "Random Access Memories" were played by the same session musician, Paul Jackson Jr., who offered the classic lines on Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and "Bad." That's one reason "Random Access Memories" resonated so deeply with American audiences: The guitarist in "Get Lucky" is the same guy who played on "Wanna Be Startin' Something."

So good riddance to the gory details. We've been reminded of the artist's flaws pretty much nonstop for the past few decades. He's dead and the blame has been legally resolved. Now let MJ rest in peace, so the melodies and grooves that changed the course of global pop can continue to wend their way through contemporary culture, blossoming in wonderfully unpredictable ways.

"Just take it slow, 'cause we got so far to go" indeed.

Показать ссылки поста

Liberian Girl

#1037  Сообщение MagicalLove » 04 окт 2013, 10:06

Адвокат Джексонов " Мы пока не потеряли всю надежду".
Изображение
Кэтрин Джексон является " сильная женщина ", который будет не просто бить его после потери ее предложение собрать 1,5 миллиарда долларов в качестве возмещения ущерба от короля последний концертный промоутер Попа , ее адвокат заявил в четверг .

"Она явно разочарован, но она очень сильная женщина ", адвокат ведущего истца Брайан Panish сказалDaily News в эксклюзивном интервью в четверг .

" Она прошла через многое в жизни , и она делает все , что может. Она только хочет , что лучше для детей Майкла, которые являются ее приоритетом № 1 . "

По его словам, пятимесячный суде противоправных смерти был "поиск истины ", который , вероятно, не закончится приговором в среду.

" Там ​​будет больше к этой истории . Я не думаю, что это закончилось , " Panish сказал. "Мы не сдаемся все надежды еще".

Он сказал, что Кэтрин, 83 года, был воодушевлен единогласно жюри о том, что AEG Live и в самом деле нанять Конрад Мюррей .

AEG Live утверждал в ходе судебного разбирательства , что это был Майкл , который нанялврача сейчас отбывает четыре года для обеспечения анестетика пропофола , который убил Джексона в своей спальне 25 июня 2009 года.

" AEG отрицал это все вместе, но правда в том, что AEG наняла врача, который убил Майкла Джексона , " Panish сказал.

Он отказался назвать специфике о том, он может подать апелляцию , но сказал, что он считает, что формулировка вопроса форме приговор, который вынес решение по делу в пользу AEG было возможно неисправен.

Форма была 16 вопросов общего . Но присяжные были проинструктированы , чтобы остановить на второй вопрос, и награда не убытки, если по меньшей мере девять присяжных проголосовали "нет" на запрос ", был д-р Конрад Мюррей непригодным или неспособным исполнятьработу, за которую он был нанят ? "

Присяжные , которые говорили после вынесения приговора , сказал Мюррей был квалифицирован, чтобы выступать в качестве врача общей практики Майкла - не анестезиолог - во время его приеме на работу .

" Конрад Мюррей имел лицензию , окончил аккредитованном колледже , и мы чувствовали, что он компетентен в выполнении работу, что врач общей практики ", сказал старшина присяжных Грегг Барден .

"Теперь это не значит, что мы думали, что он этичным. Если бы «этическое » слово было в вопросе, она могла бы бытьдругой результат. "

Panish также сказал, что некоторые присяжные выразили раздражение по длине суде , который начался в апреле прошлого года - что может привести к предвзятости в отношении Кэтрин качестве истца.

" Они были расстроены , сколько времени потребовалось . Они сказали судье, что в ее камерах ", сказал он , имея в виду в 20 минутах закрытом заседании судья постановил вместе с присяжными и адвокатами для обеих сторон после вынесения приговора .

Кэтрин был " перерыв " четверг и не давая прямого интервью средствам массовой информации , ее личный адвокат Перри Сандерс сказалNews.

Он выпустил заявление от ее имени в среду вечером , что хлопнула AEG для многократно вызывая иске Кэтрин "приспособляемости ".

" Такое заявление является пощечиной всей судебной системы , которая позволила этом случае , чтобы добраться дожюри ", говорится в заявлении.

Братья и сестры Майкла Джермейн том числе , Рэнди и Ла Тойя не было не прокомментировали Twitter.

Тито сын Тадж Джексон, который давал показания в ходе судебного разбирательства и сопровождал Кэтрин в галерее несколько раз колотил приговор несправедливым .

" Спасибо, ребята за вашу поддержку . К сожалению, не будет никакого закрытия для моей семьи # bigmoneywinsagain AEG , " Тадж твиттере .

Майкл бывшая жена Дебби Роу - мать принца , 16, и Париж, 15 - защитил Кэтрин на Twitter.

" Она хотела, ответы на вопросы , " Роу написал .

Роу также поставила под сомнение ее коллег бывшая жена Лиза Мари Пресли в честь дочери Элвиса похвалил Михаила визажист Карен Фэй .

Лиза Мари, которая была на первоначальный список свидетелей Кэтрин , но никогда не свидетельствовал , сказал, что она была благодарна , потому что Фэй предупредил ее, чтокто-то предполагаемого хакера доступ ее Твиттере и выложил видео предполагая, Майкл был педофилом .

" Слава Богу, Карен Фэй за предоставленную мне головы обо всем этом, " Лиза Мари твиттере , утверждая, что она была взломана .

Фэй свидетельствовал в начале суде противоправных смерти , что она была близким другом Майкла и был свидетелем его исполняющим обязанности " параноидальным " и дезориентированнымнеделю до смерти с необычно сухой кожи, которая была холодна как" кубик льда ".

Фэй также рассказал присяжным , что Майкл получал большое количество обезболивающих во время его 1993 Опасные гастроли от врача, который положил руки вокруг ее шеи , когда она возражала .

Роу ответил Tweet Лиза Мари о Фэй говорит: " на самом деле? Она могла бы остановить его она не хотела "

Katherine Jackson is a “strong woman” who won’t just beat it after losing her bid to collect $1.5 billion in damages from the King of Pop’s last concert promoter, her lawyer said Thursday.

“She’s obviously disappointed, but she’s a very strong woman,” lead plaintiff’s lawyer Brian Panish told the Daily News in an exclusive interview Thursday.

“She’s been through a lot in life, and she’s doing the best she can. She only wants what is best for Michael’s children, who are her No. 1 priority.”

He said the five-month wrongful death trial was “a search for the truth” that likely didn’t end with Wednesday’s verdict.

“There’s going to be more to this story. I don’t think it’s over yet,” Panish said. “We’re not giving up all hope yet.”

He said Katherine, 83, was heartened by the jury’s unanimous vote that AEG Live did in fact hire Conrad Murray.

AEG Live argued during the trial that it was Michael who hired the doctor now serving four years for providing the anesthetic propofol that killed Jackson in his bedroom on June 25, 2009.

“AEG denied it all along, but the truth was that AEG hired the doctor who killed Michael Jackson,” Panish said.

He declined to give specifics on how he might file an appeal, but said he believes the wording of the verdict form question that decided the case in AEG’s favor was possibly faulty.

The form had 16 questions total. But jurors were instructed to stop at the second question and award no damages if at least nine jurors voted “no” on the query, “Was Dr. Conrad Murray unfit or incompetent to perform the work for which he was hired?”

Jurors who spoke after the verdict said Murray was qualified to act as Michael’s general practitioner – not an anesthesiologist – at the time of his hiring.

“Conrad Murray had a license, he graduated from an accredited college, and we felt he was competent to do the job of being a general practitioner,” said jury foreman Gregg Barden.

“Now that doesn’t mean that we thought he was ethical. Had the word ‘ethical’ been in the question, it could have been a different outcome.”

Panish also said some jurors expressed annoyance over the length of the trial that started last April – possibly leading to a bias against Katherine as the plaintiff.

“They were upset about how long it took. They told the judge that in her chambers,” he said, referring to a 20-minute closed-door session the judge held with the jurors and lawyers for both parties after the verdict.

Katherine was “taking a break” Thursday and not giving any direct media interviews, her personal lawyer Perry Sanders told The News.

He released a statement on her behalf late Wednesday that slammed AEG for repeatedly calling Katherine’s lawsuit “a shakedown.”

“Such a statement is a slap in the face of the entire judicial system that allowed this case to get to a jury,” the statement said.

Michael’s siblings including Jermaine, Randy and La Toya had no immediate comment on Twitter.

Tito’s son Taj Jackson, who testified during the trial and accompanied Katherine in the gallery on several occasions, bashed the verdict as unjust.

“Thank you guys for all your support. Unfortunately there will be no closure for my family #bigmoneywinsagain AEG,” Taj tweeted.

Michael’s ex-wife Debbie Rowe – the mother of Prince, 16, and Paris, 15 - defended Katherine on Twitter.

“She wanted answers to questions,” Rowe tweeted.

Rowe also challenged her fellow ex-wife Lisa Marie Presley after Elvis’ daughter praised Michael’s makeup artist Karen Faye.

Lisa Marie, who was on Katherine’s original witness list but never testified, said she was thankful because Faye alerted her that an alleged hacker someone accessed her Twitter account and posted a video suggesting Michael was a pedophile.

“Thank God for Karen Faye for giving me the heads up about all this,” Lisa Marie tweeted, claiming she was hacked.

Faye testified early in the wrongful death trial that she was close friends with Michael and witnessed him acting “paranoid” and disoriented the week before he died with unusually dry skin that was cold as an “ice cube.”

Faye also told jurors that Michael was getting large amounts of painkillers during his 1993 Dangerous tour from a doctor who put his hands around her neck when she objected.

Rowe answered Lisa Marie’s tweet about Faye saying, “really? She could have stopped it she chose not to”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... z2ghguvLjI
Изображение

you are in my heart forever icon_colorfulherats

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 8):
Trueamore (04 окт 2013, 22:59) • Белая роза (04 окт 2013, 17:33) • TAIS (04 окт 2013, 16:49) • Admin (04 окт 2013, 15:52) • Dream (04 окт 2013, 11:55) • Liberian Girl (04 окт 2013, 11:50) • ЛенаДжексон (04 окт 2013, 11:12) • Lina (04 окт 2013, 10:47)
Рейтинг: 72.73%

MagicalLove
Прогресс до нового звания:
69.9%
Благодарил (а): 3518 раз.

#1038  Сообщение MagicalLove » 04 окт 2013, 10:15

Ivy ‏@Ivy_4MJ

"While Katherine is coming to terms with the verdict, “she is already being pressured by youngest son, Randy, to appeal the decision,”

Пока Кэтрин cмиряется с вердиктом, на нее уже давит младший сын Рэнди, подать апеляцию
Изображение

you are in my heart forever icon_colorfulherats

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 5):
Trueamore (04 окт 2013, 22:59) • Белая роза (04 окт 2013, 17:31) • TAIS (04 окт 2013, 16:49) • Admin (04 окт 2013, 15:54) • Lina (04 окт 2013, 10:46)
Рейтинг: 45.45%

MagicalLove
Прогресс до нового звания:
69.9%
Благодарил (а): 3518 раз.

#1039  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 04 окт 2013, 11:59

Influence of Jackson Verdict Is Limited

After finding on Wednesday that the concert promoter A.E.G. Live was not liable in the death of Michael Jackson, members of the jury told reporters that despite their relatively short deliberations — about 13 hours, after a five-month trial — the job was not easy.

“There are really no winners in this,” the foreman, Gregg Barden, said outside California Superior Court in Los Angeles. “This was a difficult decision for us to make.”

In the music industry, however, and for the lucrative businesses that surround Jackson and his legacy, the case leaves a status quo largely unchanged.

Jackson’s 83-year-old mother, Katherine, filed the wrongful death suit, saying A.E.G. Live had negligently hired Dr. Conrad Murray, the cardiologist who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving Jackson a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol four years ago. Jurors rejected arguments that Dr. Murray was unfit for his job, which rendered the other questions in the case moot and relieved A.E.G. Live of liability in Jackson’s death.

Music executives and industry commentators said that even if A.E.G. Live had lost the case, it would have had little effect on the larger business.

“No matter which way the jury went, there is really only one thing that is going to change, and that is the amount of legal boilerplate clauses and liability waivers that will be included in future contracts,” said Gary Bongiovanni, editor of the trade publication Pollstar.

Jackson was an exception to so many of the usual rules of the music business that few of the case’s central issues apply to other performers, according to several top executives in the concert industry. While a physical trainer or even a masseur is not an uncommon adjunct on a major tour, a doctor attending to only one star, and for such a large fee — $150,000 a month — is all but unheard-of, said these people, who spoke on the condition that they not be named to protect their dealings with A.E.G. Live.

Lawyers for Mrs. Jackson asked for up to $1.5 billion in damages, but losing the case is unlikely to affect her finances. She and Jackson’s three young children are the main beneficiaries of his estate.

While Jackson was nearly $500 million in debt at his death, the estate has lifted his finances with a string of music deals. In its most recent public accounting, through May 2012, the estate said it had earned $475 million since Jackson’s death.

Mrs. Jackson’s lawyers told reporters outside the courthouse on Wednesday that they were “exploring all options” for a possible appeal.

How A.E.G. Live will be affected is unclear. The company, part of a sports and entertainment conglomerate controlled by the billionaire Philip F. Anschutz, won the case, but in the trial the Jacksons went to great lengths to portray its executives as heartless and duplicitous, showing internal e-mails in which Jackson was mocked as “the freak” or described as “a self-loathing emotionally paralyzed mess.”

In his closing arguments, Brian J. Panish, one of Mrs. Jackson’s lawyers, showed a video montage of A.E.G.’s leaders saying “I don’t remember” and “I don’t recall” dozens of times in their depositions.

Dean Crutchfield, a branding consultant, said that A.E.G. Live could repair any damage to its reputation by apologizing for remarks that seemed to insult its clients and concentrating on its business of putting on superstar concerts. Last year, the company sold more than 10 million tickets to its events, according to Pollstar, making it the second-biggest promoter in the world, after Live Nation Entertainment.

“The fact that A.E.G. has put itself in a position where it is getting more attention than some of its clients,” Mr. Crutchfield said, “is exactly where that kind of business should not be.”

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Liberian Girl поблагодарили (всего 5):
Lina (07 окт 2013, 07:41) • MagicalLove (04 окт 2013, 18:01) • Белая роза (04 окт 2013, 17:31) • TAIS (04 окт 2013, 16:48) • Admin (04 окт 2013, 15:54)
Рейтинг: 45.45%

Liberian Girl

#1040  Сообщение Admin » 04 окт 2013, 16:33

Вердикт AEG не оправдывает Мюррея, говорят присяжные
AEG Verdict Doesn’t Vindicate Conrad Murray, Jury Says

Изображение

The jury in the Michael Jackson case found that Dr. Conrad Murray was competent to serve as the pop star’s physician, but they said after the verdict that they don’t believe that vindicates him in the death.

“There are really no winners in this,” jury foreman Gregg Barden said. “Somebody had to die for us to be here.… It was really a tragic situation.”

Valerie Wass, Murray’s appellate attorney, said the verdict wouldn’t help the physician’s appeal of his involuntary manslaughter conviction, but it may help “in the court of public opinion.”"Hopefully, it will vindicate him in a small way,” she said.

Murray, who is at the Men’s Central Jail, is due to be released in 26 days, she said.

But when told of Wass’ comment, Barden criticized Murray’s treatment of Jackson.

“We felt he was competent,” Barden said. “That doesn’t mean we felt he was ethical. If ethical was in the question, it might have been a different outcome. In the end, he was very unethical. He did something he shouldn’t have done. “

He added later: “I don’t see this as a vindication of Dr. Murray. I would not hire him as my doctor.”

The family’s attorney painted a picture of a cold, calculating entertainment enterprise that failed to notice that Murray was financially desperate and then pushed the physician to get Jackson ready to tour even though the singer was in frail health and was crippled by fear.

“They’re going to kill me, they’re going to kill me,’” Jackson’s eldest son, Prince, testified, recalling the singer’s words in one his final conversations with his father.

AEG tried turning the tables during the trial, all but putting Michael Jackson on trial. AEG said Jackson was the one who brought aboard Murray and that the singer was a fully-formed drug user who had demanded anesthetics as a sleep aid during earlier tours. AEG said it was Jackson who planted the seeds of his demise.

Katherine Jackson left the courthouse without speaking to reporters. Her attorney, Kevin Boyle, said they were “not happy” with the verdict and plan to “explore all options.”

Source: LATimes / MJ-Upbeat.com

Article: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... 8096.story
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Admin поблагодарили (всего 6):
Lina (07 окт 2013, 07:41) • Trueamore (04 окт 2013, 22:59) • MagicalLove (04 окт 2013, 18:02) • franklin5569 (04 окт 2013, 17:21) • Liberian Girl (04 окт 2013, 16:52) • TAIS (04 окт 2013, 16:48)
Рейтинг: 54.55%

Admin
Благодарил (а): 11977 раз.

Пред.След.

Вернуться в СУД / COURT