Добро пожаловать в Мир Майкла Джексона, Гость!    Регистрация  Или выполнить  Вход       

Все особенные даты и значимые дни календаря Майкла Джексона./All the important dates and significant Michael Jackson's days.

В этот день в истории Майкла / On this day in MJ HiStory

Re: В этот день....

#121  Сообщение Admin » 02 дек 2013, 15:00

В этот день в 1983 году клип Майкла Джексона " Триллер " дебютировал на МТВ

OnThisDay, in 1983, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" short film debuted on MTV.

Изображение
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Admin поблагодарили (всего 6):
franklin5569 (08 дек 2013, 19:36) • Dream (03 дек 2013, 17:14) • Lina (03 дек 2013, 08:48) • Liberian Girl (02 дек 2013, 17:49) • Trueamore (02 дек 2013, 16:36) • MagicalLove (02 дек 2013, 15:19)
Рейтинг: 54.55%

Admin
Автор темы
Благодарил (а): 11977 раз.

#122  Сообщение MagicalLove » 02 дек 2013, 19:51

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 2nd)/Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 2-ое декабря )

Изображение

1983 - The short film and single “Thriller”, featuring Vincent Price, and written by Rod Temperton, is released on December 2, 1983. It is a horror story, the victim being a girl (played by Ola Ray in the video) which is reassured by Jackson that she only had a nightmare by waking her up, and that in the midst of that terror she felt,

“Now it’s the time
For you and I to cuddle close together (yeah).
All through the night
I’ll save you from the terror on the screen
Girl, I can thrill you more than any ghoul will ever dare try,”

although on waking his set partner, he turns at the camera, revealing a smile and wearwolf eyes. This represents the clear possibility and belief that monsters (evil-mindedness) can lurk inside of real people as well.

Jackson took a special interest since childhood in studying everything monstrous, especially that which is produced by distorted human perceptions. The entertainer himself was erroneously depicted by the media and at times called a ‘monster’, when Jackson tried all along to evoke and/or illustrate in darker-themed songs/videos such as Thriller, Ghosts, Is It Scary, Threatened, Black Or White or Bad, the terror and pains consuming him various times in his life, and that his public persona is a reflection of the media’s perception of him, including a large part of society’s.

He also was a victim of scare and emotional abuse early in his life, thus reproduced a similar fear in Thriller, where he most likely exorcised his demons, art always being cathartic for Jackson, and a way to express what he wasn’t willing to in real life in front of people, i.e. violence, anger, frustrations or terror. John Landis directs the video/film and Rick Baker is responsible for special effects and make-up. The film costs an estimated 1 million dollars which Jackson himself provides. To re-coup some of the budget costs, John Landis will negotiate a deal with Showtime, MTV and Vestron to fund a 60-minute documentary on the making of the short film. ‘Making Michael Jackson’s Thriller’ will be aired a year later and sold on video tape. It will become the biggest selling music video of all time, with estimated sales of 9 million as of 2006. A week after the single and short film gets released, sales of the album soar and once again, Thriller retains its number-one charts position. At this time, Michael Jackson hires a new manager, Frank DiLeo, who will remain with him for five years.

Having already set the bar high with the album’s first two videos, Billie Jean and Beat It, the third one had to somehow take things further. Director John Landis, director of the 1981 horror comedy American Werewolf in London, was brought in to direct a mini-feature, a video that would take the format further than merely serving as a visual backdrop for a three-minute pop song.

Running almost fourteen minutes, the Thriller video employed horror flick cliches (it was filmed during Halloween season 1983), Michael was transformed into a supernatural ghoul disguised as a seemingly hapless high school boyfriend, who torments his date (played by Ola Ray) by using his uncanny ability to get a pack of corpse zombies to execute spectacularly synchronized dance routines.

The fact that the video had its debut just over a year after the album was first released was a reflection of the album’s enduring popularity and still-mounting sales figures. A stunning finale to the pop sensation of 1983, let alone the century, it also marked a peak and turning point, a period that gradually came to haunt Michael for being a standard too high for even him to repeat.

Having set a new standard for music videos with Billie Jean and Beat It, Michael knew his third video had to take things to a new level. He collaborated with director John Landis on a short movie, a fourteen-minute horror flick/dance number, to promote the song Thriller. Filmed during Halloween week of 1983, it premiered on December 2, 1983 and marked another milestone in the music video genre.

The 7th single from Thriller, was the album’s title track. “Thriller” features the eerie sound of creaking doors and a ghoulish rap by horror fim star Vincent Price. “Thriller” debuted on Billboard’s Hot 100 at #20, making it one of the highest debuting singles ever. “Thriller” entered the top 10 in its 2nd week on the charts, and peaked at #4. It went to #3 on the black singles chart.

For the 7th and final single from Thriller, Michael went all out to create his most elaborate video to date. Costing $1 million to produce, it was the most expensive video ever. It was also the longest video, running 13 minutes, always being broadcast with an opening disclaimer and closing credits.

After seeing the film, An American Werewolf in London, Michael decided he wanted that film’s directer, John Landis, to direct the “Thriller” video. Rick Baker, who did the makeup for An American Werewolf in London, was chosen to do the makeup for “Thriller”, transforming Michael into a werewolf right on camera. Michael’s co-star was Ola Ray.

The story for the “Thriller” video was written by John Landis and Michael Jackson. Running out of gas on their date, Michael starts to walk Ola home. After telling her, “I’m not like other guys”, he transforms into a werewolf in front of her eyes. He chases her through the woods when suddenly the scene swithces to Michael and his date watching the scene in a movie theater. Ola, too scared to watch, leaves the theater with Michael following her out. On their way home, they find themselves surrounded by dead, or rather undead, zombies. Michael becomes one of them and joins them in one of his most dazzling dance routines ever.

Michael said of making the music video, in an interview that aired on December 11, 1999, for MTV’s 100 Greatest Videos Ever Made:

“My idea was to make this short film with conversation… in the beginning – I like having a beginning and a middle and an ending, which would follow a story. I’m very much involved in complete making and creating of the piece. It has to be, you know, my soul. Usually, you know, it’s an interpretation of the music… It was a delicate thing to work on because I remember my original approach was, ‘How do you make zombies and monsters dance without it being comical?’ So I said, ‘We have to do just the right kind of movement so it doesn’t become something that you laugh at.’ But it just has to take it to another level. So I got in a room with [choreographer] Michael Peters, and he and I together kind of imagined how these zombies move by making faces in the mirror. I used to come to rehearsal sometimes with monster makeup on, and I loved doing that. So he and I collaborated and we both choreographed the piece and I thought it should start like that kind of thing and go into this jazzy kind of step, you know. Kind of gruesome things like that, not too much ballet or whatever.”

Makeup artist Rick Baker on his hesitation to work on “Thriller”:
“John told me about the idea but I was reluctant. I got a call from John and he was like, ‘You know who Michael Jackson is?’ and I was like, ‘Yeah, kinda. He’s the guys from The Jackson 5, right?’ And he said, ‘Well he’s got this song called ‘Thriller’ and he wants to do this short film.’ At first I said I didn’t want to do it. It’s not a popular job — it’s like being a dentist in a way: They have to sit still in a chair for hours while you work on them. It’s uncomfortable — it’s not something actors look forward to.”

Makeup artist Rick Baker on Jackson’s off-stage shyness:
“Michael was great and very shy. I remember the first time John came over to shoot us working on Michael’s makeup for his behind-the-scenes stuff — which I wasn’t too happy about and Michael wasn’t too happy about — Michael was so nervous that as soon as the cameras came in, he ran off and hid in the bathroom. So different to when he was performing — ‘Thriller’ was happening during the making of the Motown Anniversary Special, when Michael first did the moonwalk, and one of the guys brought tape of the show in and said, ‘Watch this.’ That was him, when he was performing. That was when he came alive.”

Actress Ola Ray on the experience of filming “Thriller” with Jackson:
“Everyone thinks I made millions, but I don’t care … I wouldn’t change a thing. The minute I walked into the audition, I knew the part was mine. Michael seemed taken by the fact I was a Playboy model. He was cute, but childlike. He loved chasing me or jumping out from behind a wall.”

The purpose of making “Thriller,” in Landis’s mind — it was nobody’s brilliant idea. “I took the job to direct Michael Jackson’s landmark music video because I saw it as a chance to resurrect a genre that had once been a Hollywood staple. It was a great opportunity to bring back the theatrical short. Music videos were new in 1983, and MTV was just two years old. At that time the videos were used to sell records and when Michael decided to do the ‘Thriller’ video, the album had already become the biggest-selling album of all time. It ended up costing $500,000 — still enormous money at that time for that kind of thing. Nobody would give us the money because the album had already been so successful. Michael said he would pay for it, but I wouldn’t let him. He was still living with his parents in Encino, behind a supermarket.”

To qualify for an Academy Award, “Thriller” debuted at a special theatrical screening, along with the 1940 Disney motion picture Fantasia.

The A-list turned out for the premiere at the 500-seat historic Crest Theater; Diana Ross, Warren Beatty, Prince, Eddie Murphy. “I’ve been to the Oscars, the Baftas, the Emmys and the Golden Globes, and I have never seen anything like this,” remembers John Landis. Ola Ray looked for Michael before the lights went down and found him in the projection booth, He told her that she looked beautiful, but refused her entreaty to come sit in the audience, telling her “This is your night, go enjoy yourself.” […] Then came Thriller, cranked at full volume. Fourteen minutes later the crowd was on its feet, applauding and crying “Encore! Encore!” Eddie Murphy shouted “Show the goddamn thing again!” And they did.

——————–

Изображение

2000 - Michael Attends Wedding Ceremony Of Tommy Mottola.

Michael Jackson took a front row seat at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York for the wedding of Sony boss Tommy Mottola and Thalia Sodi. He did not attend the party after the wedding ceremony.

Some of the 1’200 invited friends included Donna Summer, Gloria Estefan, Rosie O’Donnell, Marc Anthony, Emilio Estefan, Jennifer Lopez, Robert De Niro, Saul Kerzner, Danny DeVito, Joe Pesci, Ricky Martin, Bruce Springsteen, Julio Iglesias, Tony Bennett, to name but a few.

———————-

1984 - The Jacksons perform Victory tour at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California, USA attending 55,000 fans.

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Burswood Dome in Perth, Australia attending 18,900 fans.
Изображение

you are in my heart forever icon_colorfulherats

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 4):
franklin5569 (08 дек 2013, 19:37) • Lina (03 дек 2013, 08:47) • Liberian Girl (03 дек 2013, 02:09) • Admin (02 дек 2013, 21:32)
Рейтинг: 36.36%

MagicalLove
Прогресс до нового звания:
69.9%
Благодарил (а): 3518 раз.

#123  Сообщение MagicalLove » 03 дек 2013, 16:10

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 3rd)/Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 3-е декабря )

Изображение

2001 - Michael Jackson’s album “Invincible” was certified Gold and Platinum by the RIAA.

FULL Invincible Album Below:

——————–

1974 - The Jackson Family plays the last of fifteen nights at the MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas (Nevada).

——————–

Изображение

1993 - Michael Jackson’s single “Will You Be There?” was certified Gold.

———————

Изображение

2001 - Michael Jackson’s single “Cry” was released internationally.

———————-

2002 - Michael appears in court in Santa Maria (California) with a bandaged and swollen foot to testify in an ongoing lawsuit claiming that he failed to carry out two millennium concerts for which he had been contracted.

2004 - Police raided Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch for a second time in search of evidence in the child-molestation case against him. The next day the police returned and asked Jackson to submit a DNA sample.

———————
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 6):
franklin5569 (08 дек 2013, 19:37) • Lina (04 дек 2013, 08:29) • TAIS (03 дек 2013, 20:21) • Admin (03 дек 2013, 17:34) • Liberian Girl (03 дек 2013, 17:28) • Dream (03 дек 2013, 17:14)
Рейтинг: 54.55%

MagicalLove
69.9%

#124  Сообщение MagicalLove » 04 дек 2013, 13:42

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 4th)/Cегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 4 декабря )

Изображение

- Michael appears onstage with mime, Marcel Marceau.

——————–

Изображение

1995 - Michael invites the media to see him rehearse for the HBO special ‘Michael Jackson: One Night Only’ at the Beacon Theatre in New York City.

——————–

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Burswood Dome in Perth, Australia attending 18,900 fans.

———————
Изображение

1999 - “T.V. Guide” Magazine Interview

On being disconnected to past achievements:

“[…] It’s sad to get caught up in the past. That’s why I don’t put awards in my house. No gold records, no Grammys. They’re in storage. I don’t like to be puffed up with pride, ‘cause I’d feel I don’t have any more things to reach for. And that’s not true.”

On who his audience is:

“I don’t know. I just try to write wonderful music; and if they love it, they love it. I don’t think about any demographic. [The record company] tries to get me to think that way, but I just do what I would enjoy hearing.”

On disguises and lack of privacy:

“I do disguises for different reasons. I like to study people – be like the fly on the wall. Even if it’s two old ladies sitting on a bench or some kids on a swing. Because I don’t know what it’s like to fit in an everyday life situation. One time I was in a record store, completely disguised, and these girls were pulling out my album, talking all about me. I was literally next to them. It was wonderful. I loved it. But if I go out as myself, I can’t have fun. People always say, “Why don’t we just go to a party?” Soon as I step in, the party’s over – for me. It’s a party for them, but they are all putting their cards on my face, saying, “Remember me? I met you four years ago at…” and I say, “I don’t remember.” So I can’t enjoy the experience. They play all my songs. I didn’t come to hear my music. And everybody starts chanting “Dance!” “Well, I want to see you dance for a change.”

On being erroneously portrayed by the media:

“[…] The press has made me out to be this monster, this crazy person who’s bizarre and weird. I’m nothing like that. […] All I can do is be myself and create from my soul. But they take that and manipulate it. […] God created animals and they are loving, they are beautiful. I feel the way anthropologist Jane Goodall does, or any of those naturalists. I don’t find my interest in animal weird or strange at all.”

On his children and fatherhood:

“[…] [Reading about me not being my children’s father…] That’s total garbage. It’s just trash and not true. […] Prince tells me all day that he has to make movies. So I bought him this video camera. I say, “What are we doing this time?” He goes, “Star Wars.” So we put some figures on the table, make them move. And Paris is just now starting to talk and walk. She’s very sweet. And I’m surprised she loves dolls. My sister, Janet didn’t like that sort of thing. She was a tomboy. I thought she was going to be like that but she isn’t. [I change their diapers and feed them]. I love it. It’s a lot of work. I thought I was prepared, ’cause I read everything about child rearing, but it’s so much more exciting than I ever imagined it to be. The only regret I have is that I wish I had done it earlier.”

On whether or not he is happy and the sources which make him happy:

“I usually am happy. I don’t let anything get me down, no matter what. I like to hear the sound of water and birds chirping and laughter, you know. I love all the real natural, innocent things. I would never go to a party or a club. I did that when I was a kid, and I don’t care to do it anymore. […] I always have [felt that I can’t live without children], ’cause I would feel I have nothing to live for. […] I wouldn’t care [living for myself or my creativity]. Everything I create is inspired by that kind of innocence. And nature, it’s eveything. It has to be. I mean, that’s it.”
On his plans for then approaching millenium:

“[…] [Releasing "I Have This Dream"].

It’s a millenium song about the world and the environment that I co-wrote with Carol Bayer Sager and David Foster.”

——————-

1999 - Michael Attends Fund-Raiser

Saturday night, December 4th, Michael Jackson attended a fund-raiser for Whitney Houston’s charitable foundation at the Marriott Marquis hotel in Times Square, New York.
Fox News broke the news. In their release, they state: “Michael made small talk with Whitney and hubby Bobby Brown, then took a center seat and stayed to watch performances by everyone from Petula Clark to Whitney herself. (…) New York radio star Frankie Blue, who later got an award from the foundation, said in his thank you address: ‘Michael, I will always be there for you. Let’s have a tour and an album in America.’”

——————–

Изображение

1989 - Michael Jackson’s single “Thriller” was certified Gold and Platinum.

——————–

1978 - Michael starts recording the album Off The Wall with producer Quincy Jones and sound engineer Bruce Swedien at Cherokee Studio 3.

———————
1984 - A dispute over gate receipts on The Jacksons Victory tour causes a brief suspension of ticket sales for their imminent shows at Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles.

———————

2002 - Michael Jackson appeared in court fifth day concerning Jackson not performing at two millennium concerts planned for December 31, 1999. Jackson was using a crutch and claimed his foot was swolen from a spider bite.

——————–
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

franklin5569 (08 дек 2013, 19:37) • Liberian Girl (04 дек 2013, 14:27) • Lina (04 дек 2013, 13:49) • Admin (04 дек 2013, 13:45)

MagicalLove
69.9%

#125  Сообщение MagicalLove » 05 дек 2013, 15:37

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 5th)/Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 5 декабря )

Изображение

2001 - Radio station KIIS-FM announced that the King of Pop will make a special appearance at “KIIS-FM’s Jingle Ball”, taking place on December 19, 2001 at Staples Center, Los Angeles.

————-

2006 - Articles mention of a future scheduled relief-oriented visit of Jackson’s to Rwanda, intended for June, 2007, according to Kije Mugisha, the Deputy Director General of the Rwandan bureau of information, adding that the singer has been interested in the children’s education, health care system and the media therein. A visit to South Africa with his children around the same period of time – most likely, one outside the public eye, not receiving media coverage – is confirmed by Jackson in the November, 2007 issue of Ebony magazine, in which he expresses enthusiasm for the “simulator rides, movie theaters, wave pools”, “the record stores, the candy store” therein etc. Throughout the years, the pop star has manifested interest in the continent’s welfare (during speeches, magazine interviews and such), planning to create education centers, family-themed parks, and offering personal financial support, as well as collaboratively through charity songs (i.e. “We Are The World”).

—————-

Изображение

2001 - Also on that day, news broke that Michael will be Best Man at Liza Minnelli’s and David Gest’s wedding in March next year.

—————-

2001 - Plus, also on December 05, 2001 the NAACP Image Awards announced six nominations for Michael Jackson’s new album and the “30th Anniversary” for next year’s NAACP Image Awards.

—————

Изображение

2001 - The single of Cry is released in Europe while Butterflies is played on US radios.

—————

Изображение

1996 - Michael arrives in Manila (Phillipines).

—————

Изображение

2002 - A Santa Maria, CA, judge ordered Michael Jackson to undergo a medical examination after he failed to show up for court due to a spider bite.

————-

Изображение

2003 - A spokesperson for Epic Records said “there’s no chance that “One More Chance” will be released by Epic Records.” The video was planned to debut on a CBS special on Michael Jackson. The show was indefinitely delayed after a child molestation accusation was made public against Jackson in November 2003.

Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

franklin5569 (08 дек 2013, 19:37) • Lina (06 дек 2013, 11:46) • Admin (05 дек 2013, 20:20) • Liberian Girl (05 дек 2013, 18:08)

MagicalLove
69.9%

#126  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 06 дек 2013, 14:09

6 декабря

1979 год

The Jacksons отыграли концерт в Портланде (штат Орегон, США) в рамках тура "Destiny".

Изображение

1980 год

Изображение

Вышедший в конце ноября на студии "Epic" восьмой сингл The Jacksons с альбома "Triumph" – "Heartbreak Hotel", – дебютировал в обоих американских чартах Billboard. В хит-параде "Billboard Hot 100" сингл доберется до 22-й строчки и проведет в нем 16 недель. В списке "Billboard R&B Singles" песня поднимется до 2-й позиции, всего же продержится в чарте 17 недель. "Heartbreak Hotel" начинается с душераздирающего крика Ла Тойи Джексон. Песня, написанная Майклом, в 1984 году была переименована в "This Place Hotel" во избежание путаницы с одноименным хитом Элвиса Пресли 1956 года.

Изображение

1984 год

Майкл дал свидетельские показания в чикагском суде в рамках процесса по 5-милионному иску Фреда Сэнфорда к CBS. Майкл рассказал, как он создавал песню "The Girl Is Mine", которую Сэнфорд считает плагиатом его композиции "Please Love Me Now", предоставленную CBS в 1982 году. Джексон объяснил:

"Все началось с того, что Куинси Джонс попросил меня написать песню о двух парнях, спорящих из-за одной и той же девушки.
Однажды я проснулся ночью и в моей голове звучала эта песня. Я встал, пошел к магнитофону и напел ее в точности так, как слышал в своей голове, от мелодии, до звучания клавишных и струнных - абсолютно все. Я просто записал ее с помощью своего голоса."

На вопрос, когда это произошло, Майкл ответил:

"У меня плохая память на даты."

Интерьер-дизайнер Джексона выступила в суде, заверив, что слышала Майкла напевающим эту мелодию в 1981 году во время работы в Энсино. По ее словам, Майкл сообщил, что песня станет дуэтом с Полом Маккартни.
Во время дачи показаний, певец также указал суду на то, что у него имеется масса неизданных песен, которым он просто потерял счет, и привел в качестве примера "Why Can't I Be", "Thank You For Life" и "The Toy". Последняя написана для одноименного фильма Ричарда Прайора, но не вошедшая в него.

С целью попасть в здание суда незамеченным, для отвлечения внимания прессы Майкл воспользовался услугами "двойника".

Изображение

Изображение

1992 год

На 5-й ежегодной церемонии "Smash Hits Poll Winners Party" в Лондоне Майкл признан читателями журнала "Smash Hits" лучшим сольным исполнителем. На церемонии он не присутствовал.

1993 год

Журнал "Jet" предложил Майклу Джексону поддержку. Издание напечатало фотографию певца на обложке, а главной статьей номера стал материал о его борьбе с зависимостью от препаратов и обвинениями в растлении ребенка.

Изображение

1995 год

Майкл доставлен в больницу "Beth Israel Medical Center" в Нью-Йорке после того, как ему стало плохо прямо на репетиции концерта "One Night Only" в "Beаcon Theater" для телеканала НВО, который должен был состояться для приглашенных лиц 10 декабря. Представители больницы сообщили, что певец страдает гастроэнтеритом, обезвоживанием и электролитным дисбалансом. Шоу было отменено.

В этот же день Майкл должен был посетить вручение наград "Billboard Music Awards", чтобы получить приз "Billboard Hot 100 Achievement Award" - в связи с тем, что сингл "You Are Not Alone" первым в истории дебютировал в чарте под первым номером. Тина Тернер приняла награду от лица Майкла и пожелала ему скорейшего выздоровления. Его сестра Дженет также отменила свое появление на церемонии, вместо этого навестив брата в медицинском центре. В больницу также приехала его супруга Лиза Мари Пресли.

2002 год

Майкл не присутствовал на судебном заседании по иску Марселя Аврама в Санта-Марии в силу медицинских причин. Судье было известно заранее о том, что Джексон в этот день в суд не явится, и он счёл причины его отсутствия убедительными. Адвокат мистера Аврама, Луис Миллер, сказал:

"Это уже третий раз, когда он либо не приходит, либо опаздывает на перекрёстный допрос."

Однако адвокат Майкла, Зиа Модаббер, возразил:

"Мистер Джексон травмирован и нуждается в лечении, которое и получает. Сегодня был бы его шестой день дачи показаний. Он не боится этого зала."

Газета "The Santa Maria Times" сообщила, что место свидетеля в этот день занял Уэйн Нейджин, ранее бывший главой службы безопасности при Майкле Джексоне, а также его деловым партнёром. Хотя Нейджин ушёл в отставку со своего поста 5 сентября 2001 года, он назвал себя "близким другом, всегда преданным" Майклу. На вопрос о том, сопровождал ли он Майкла в поездках, Нейджин ответил: "Разумеется, да". Он сказал, что присутствовал и на встрече в Нью-Йорке 6-го или 7-го октября, когда Марсель Аврам отложил концерты Миллениума. Согласно источнику, Нейджин несколько раз упомянул "откладывание" концертов, а не их отмену.

источник
Я готова верить, но надо знать во что!

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Liberian Girl поблагодарили (всего 5):
franklin5569 (08 дек 2013, 19:36) • Admin (07 дек 2013, 06:08) • MagicalLove (06 дек 2013, 18:55) • Dream (06 дек 2013, 17:53) • Lina (06 дек 2013, 15:22)
Рейтинг: 45.45%

Liberian Girl
Благодарил (а): 2485 раз.

#127  Сообщение Liberian Girl » 08 дек 2013, 10:03

8 декабря

1979 год

The Jacksons отыграли концерт на стадионе "Seattle Center Coliseum" в Сиэтле (штат Вашингтон, США) в рамках тура "Destiny".

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

1983 год

Майкл вылетел в Нью-Йорк для промоушена клипа "Thriller".

Журнал "Rolling Stone" вышел с рисованным изображением Майкла и Пола Маккартни на обложке.

Изображение

1984 год

Группа The Jacksons выступила с пятым из шести концертов на стадионе "Dodger" в Лос-Анджелесе (штат Калифорния, США) в рамках тура "Victory".

1988 год

Майкл прибыл в аэропорт "Natira" в Токио (Япония), где запланированы 9 аншлаговых концертов в рамках тура "Bad"

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

1991 год

Изображение

Долгоиграющая пластинка "Dangerous" дебютировала в американском чарте "Billboard 200" на 1-й позиции; альбом будет лидировать в списке 6 недель. В чарте "Billboard R&B Albums" пластинка стартовала на 11-м месте, через 4 недели альбом возглавит этот хит-парад, а всего проведет в нем 12 недель.

Изображение

"Dangerous" дебютировал на вершине чартов в США, Великобритании, Австралии, Испании, Швейцарии, Финляндии и Франции. В Швеции и Германии альбом стартовал на 2-й позиции, а Италии – на 3-й, в Японии и Нидерландах – на 5-й, а в европейском хит-параде – на 14-й.

Изображение

На третьей неделе пребывания в чартах "Dangerous" признан Британской ассоциацией звукозаписи трижды "платиновым" альбомом.

Сингл "Black Or White" признан "серебряным" после четырех недель в британском "Top-75".

Изображение

1993 год

Сестра Майкла Ла Тойа потрясла весь мир, дав в Тель-Авиве (Израиль) ночную пресс-конференцию, на которой заявила, что "не может больше быть немой пособницей" преступлениям брата. Она признала, что никогда не видела, чтобы Майкл причинял вред ребенку, и даже не видела его в одной постели с ребенком. Но в то же время Ла Тойа поняла, что ее брату нужна помощь, чтобы разобраться с его проблемой.

Семья Джексон немедленно провела пресс-конференцию у ворот Хейвенхёрста, чтобы опровергнуть слова Ла Тойи. Кэтрин, Джозеф, Джеки, Тито, Джермейн и Ренди сообщили каналу CNN, что Ла Тойа просто хочет заработать денег, продав свою историю таблоидам и ток-шоу.

1996 год

Изображение

Майкл выступил с первым из двух концертов на стадионе "Asia World City" в Параньяке-Сити (пригород Манилы, Филиппины). Шоу посмотрели 55 тысяч зрителей.

Изображение

Изображение

2003 год

Фотография Майкла  запечатана на обложке американского журнала "People"

Изображение

источник
Я готова верить, но надо знать во что!

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора Liberian Girl поблагодарили (всего 5):
Admin (12 дек 2013, 02:13) • TAIS (11 дек 2013, 08:05) • Lina (09 дек 2013, 08:21) • franklin5569 (08 дек 2013, 19:36) • MagicalLove (08 дек 2013, 11:51)

Liberian Girl
Благодарил (а): 2485 раз.

#128  Сообщение MagicalLove » 10 дек 2013, 16:09

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 10th)/Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 10 декабря )

1979 - Michael Jackson’s album “Off The Wall” was certified Gold and Platinum by the RIAA.

———————–

Изображение

1983 - Michael’s 7th single to reach the top 10 in 1983 was Say Say Say. With Say Say Say becoming his 7th top 10 single in 1983, Michael broke records previously held by Elvis Presley and the Beatles for the most top 10 singles in one year. The single went to #1 on the Hot 100 the week of December 10, 1983, and stayed for 6 weeks. It peaked at #2 on the black chart.

Изображение

———————–

1988 - Michael perform the second of 9 dates at Tokyo Dome in Tokyo during the Japanese leg of Bad tour.

1988 - Michael Jackson won Best Male Artist and Best Album Of The Year (for “Bad”) at the NAACP 21st Image Awards. The show was broadcast on January 14, 1989.

———————-

Изображение

1992 - At a press conference at the American Consulate, Michael accepts a cheque of $100 000 for Heal The World.

At the American Consulate of Japan, Pepsi rewards Michael’s contributions by way of his “Heal The World” organization with a check for 100,000 dollars.

At the American Consulate of Japan – where he is recompensed by Pepsi for his “HTWF” contributions – he makes a speech in which he extols children’s inspirational intelligence and its healing qualities. He states: “Thank you. I’m very happy to be here in Japan again. It’s very nice to see all the children […]. The innocence of children represents to me the source of infinite creativity, and I feel that this is where all my creativity comes from. This is not an intellectual kind of intelligence, but an intelligence that is full of wonder, magic, mystery and adventure. In this intelligence, there is love, there is trust, there is joy and there is beauty. It is the kind of intelligence that will heal the world. That is why I am here and that is why we are here. Thank you very much. I love you.”

———————-

1993 - Michael proved all the sceptics wrong by returning home to the United States.

1995 - Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley separated. They had been married in May 1994. They were divorced, citing irreconcilable differences, on January 18, 1996.

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Asia World City in Parañaque, Philippines attending 40,000 fans.

——————–

1998 - Michael and Debbie attend a dinner in honour of Dr Arnold Klein.

2004 - Michael Jackson’s attorneys filed a motion to dismiss the child molestation charges against Jackson on the grounds of “vindictive prosecution and outrageous government conduct.” The motion was made public on December 13.

2010 - It was reported that the Jackson 5′s “I’ll Be There” had been inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 5):
Admin (12 дек 2013, 02:13) • TAIS (11 дек 2013, 08:05) • Lina (11 дек 2013, 07:24) • franklin5569 (10 дек 2013, 17:22) • Liberian Girl (10 дек 2013, 16:10)

MagicalLove
69.9%

#129  Сообщение MagicalLove » 11 дек 2013, 18:38

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 11th)/Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона(11 декабря)

Изображение

1988 - Michael perform third of 9 dates at Tokyo Dome in Tokyo during the Japanese leg of Bad tour.

At one of these last concerts in Japan, Michael met backstage with two young fans and their parents. 9 year old Ayana Takada was the 4 millionth fan to attend the Bad tour. Michael met with her and her brother and presented her with a certificate to commemorate the now record breaking attendance figure. The Bad tour had played to the largest audience ever, 4 million people.

Michael greets 4 millionth fan.

Ayana Takada, a 9-year-old who says she’s been listening to the music of Michael Jackson as long as she can remember, was selected Sunday as the 4 millionth person to attend a concert of Jackson’s world tour.

Jackson, who opened the last leg of his world tour in Tokyo Friday night, brought the girl on stage during his performance Sunday and presented her with a certificate commemorating the event.

The Bad tour had played to the largest audience ever, by the time he winds up his 12-nation tour, the rock star is expected to have performed before a record 4.4 million fans, according Jackson’s tour organizers.
Jackson, 30, embarked on his first international solo tour in Japan in September 1987, playing before sold-out crowds in 14 concerts.
her brother Taisuke Takada.

—————-

Изображение

1999 - MTV aired “MTV’s 100 Greatest Videos Ever Made.” Michael Jackson’s song “Thriller” came in at #1.

AT THE END OF 1999, MTV AIRED A SPECIAL VIDEO COUNTDOWN: ‘MTV’S 100 GREATEST VIDEOS EVER MADE.’ MICHAEL JACKSON’S ‘THRILLER’ VIDEO WAS CHOSEN AS THE # 1 VIDEO OF ALL TIME. DURING THE SPECIAL SHOW, WHICH AIRED ON MTV USA ON DECEMBER 11 AND MTV EUROPE ON DECEMBER 18-19, 1999, THE MUSIC CHANNEL SHOWED EXCERPTS OF AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MICHAEL JACKSON. HERE IS A TRANSCRIPT OF WHAT MICHAEL SAID ABOUT MAKING VIDEOS.

MICHAEL JACKSON ABOUT ‘BILLIE JEAN’ VIDEO: I think it was ‘Billie Jean’. It’s kind of surreal and it’s different. I didn’t come up with that concept. It was – I think a British fellow – Steve Barron – and I thought he had wonderful ideas but I let him go with it. The only part I wrote in the piece was – I said: “I just want a section.” I said: “Give me a section here I could dance on.” ‘Cause he said no dancing in the whole piece – so the whole section where you see this long street and this billboard of these two girls, one of them Billie Jean and I’m dancing – that’s the only part I contributed.

SLASH INTRODUCING ‘BEAT IT’ VIDEO: Alright. This is hm… Oh ‘Beat It’. One more of my acquaintances and friends and musical partners but this is I think one of the things that took him over the top of his solo career. This is ‘Beat It’ by Michael Jackson.

MICHAEL JACKSON ABOUT ‘BEAT IT’ VIDEO: Well, when I wrote ‘Beat It’ – I don’t know why, but I did – about, you know, two gangs coming together and the song is so self-explanatory that it’s so easy to make this short film. And I’d seen – I think it was a McDonald’s commercial – and I said: “God, I like the rhythm and the cut of this commercial.” I said, “I want this director for this piece.” So I reached out to him.

MICHAEL JACKSON WAS ASKED WHAT MAKES A GREAT VIDEO: In my opinion, it has to be completely entertaining and have a sense of, a linear sense of continuity.

MICHAEL JACKSON TALKING ABOUT ‘THRILLER’: Hi, I’m Michael Jackson. My idea was to make this short film with conversation … in the beginning – I like having a beginning and a middle and an ending, which would follow a story. I’m very much involved in complete making and creating of the piece. It has to be, you know, my soul. Usually, you know, it’s an interpretation of the music.

MICHAEL JACKSON ABOUT JOHN LANDIS: I love working with John Landis cause we laugh a lot. We are never serious on the set. [LAUGHS] So it’s fun working with John. I used to throw water balloons, and stink bombs and everything at him. That’s a ritual for me. After we rap up each video, I throw a lot of stuff at everybody. [SMILING] So that’s funny.

MICHAEL JACKSON ABOUT VINCENT PRICE’S CONTRIBUTION TO THE ‘THRILLER’ VIDEO: That was one of the first raps, actually. I’ve known Vincent Prince since I was 11. He did a great job. The first time I met him, it was at NBC studios. He said, “Come here!” like that [MJ POINTING HIS FINGER], in his kinda gruesome voice, and I started to cry because I was – I thought he was serious. I used to see him by turning the channels and those kinda things. I think he was in ‘Raven’ and ‘House Of Wax’ or something, so he scared me.

MICHAEL JACKSON ABOUT THE ZOMBIES APPEARING IN ‘THRILLER’: I like the scene when all these zombies are coming toward us and she thinks she’s safe with me, you know, being her boyfriend, and she looks over to me and I become one. And then we do these famous fall in and pull out movements. The Hitchcock move. And I love that moment. I remember my original approach was how do you make the zombies and monsters dance without being comical. So I got in a room with Michael Peters. He and I together kind of imagined how zombies should move. I thought it should start, you know, like – that kind of thing [MIMING THE DANCE], going into this kind of jazzy stuff.

MICHAEL JACKSON ABOUT CREATING VIDEOS [VERSION I]:* The idea is to take it a step forward and to innovate or else why am I doing it? I’m just – I don’t wanna be just another can in the assembly line. You know, I want to create, do something that’s totally different and unusual.

MICHAEL JACKSON ABOUT CREATING VIDEOS [VERSION II]: * You know, I want to, you know, create, do something that’s totally different and unusual, to take it a step forward and to innovate, or else, why am I doing it? I knew if we did something with substance and content that people would watch and it had a great entertainment value and if it held you, I knew it’d be okay.

——————

Изображение

1971 - Sugar Daddy by the The Jackson 5 enters the Billboard US Hot 100 Singles chart, where it will peak at No10.

——————-

1991 - Michael is given a private visit to the Guinness World Of Records Museum.

2008 - On exiting an antique shop in Beverly Hills, California on December 11, 2008, and answering a few other quick questions, Michael Jackson is reported to have told several onlookers that, at his children’s request, he would be donating Christmas presents to charity this year, supposedly to shelters around the country, aiding those affected by the economy crisis situation.

——————–
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 3):
Lina (12 дек 2013, 15:56) • Admin (12 дек 2013, 02:13) • franklin5569 (11 дек 2013, 18:45)
Рейтинг: 27.27%

MagicalLove
69.9%

#130  Сообщение MagicalLove » 12 дек 2013, 14:42

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 12th)/Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона (12 декабря)

Изображение

1996 - Michael perform HIStory concert at Tokyo Dome in Tokyo dattending 45,000 fans.

On a longer stop from HIStory tour in Japan, in December, 1996, Jackson appears at Tower Records on December 12, where he is welcomed by fans with flowers. He takes part in a Hand In Cement Ceremony where he set his hand and signature in plaster for a plaque to be displayed in the store permanently.

Michael also makes a brief speech there: “Hello, thank you very much for having me. I just want you to know I love you all very much and I’m glad to be back in Japan. Thank you.” After which he sinks his hand in cement while fans chant “You Are Not Alone”, wipes his hand with a towel and proceeds: “You, guys, sound beautiful singing. Harmony. [smiles] I just want to say thank again for having me here and I’m very happy to be back in Japan and I love you more. I love you more. Thank you.”

Изображение

——————–

1992 - Michael resumed the Dangerous World Tour on 12th December 1992, with a series of eight sold-out dates at Japan’s Tokyo Dome. For much of 1993, however, he put the tour ‘on hold’, so he could concentrate on other projects.

———————

Изображение

1998 - Michael attended the Grand Opening of Sun International’s US$ 450 million “Royal Towers of Atlantis Resort” on Paradise Island in the Bahamas.

“Celebration of Atlantis Rising” for 1,600 invited guests was an unforgettable event culminating in a spectacular fireworks display, a thundering, brilliantly choreographed extravaganza by Fireworks by Grucci.

The monumental bash featuring a surprise performances by Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Natalie Cole, Tevin Campbell, James Ingram, Stephanie Mills, N-Tyce and others, was a party for the ages.

Michael performing Heal The World guests at grand opening ceremonies included Leonardo di Caprio, Julia Roberts, Oprah Winfrey, Alfre Woodard, Sidney Poitier, Lee Majors, Donald Trump, Carmen Electra, Chris Noth, Denzel and Pauletta Washington, Quincy Jones, Ivana Trump, Jimmy Buffet, Julia Ormond, Keri Russell, Larry Flynt, Ashford & Simpson, Robin Leach, and dozens of others.

Michael performed Heal The World – a short, impromptu live performance when he was handed a microphone and asked to sing which, somewhat reluctantly, he did.

———————-

Изображение

1992 - Michael Jackson’s single “Heal The World” hit #2 in the U.K.

———————

1995 - Michael Jackson left Beth Israel Medical Center North in a white van. Jackson was hospitalized after collapsing in a New York theater while rehearsing for a TV special on December 6.

———————
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

Белая роза (12 дек 2013, 21:39) • Admin (12 дек 2013, 20:12) • Lina (12 дек 2013, 15:56) • Liberian Girl (12 дек 2013, 14:57)

MagicalLove
69.9%

Пред.След.

Вернуться в ДАТЫ / DATES