Добро пожаловать в Мир Майкла Джексона, Гость!    Регистрация  Или выполнить  Вход       

Все особенные даты и значимые дни календаря Майкла Джексона./All the important dates and significant Michael Jackson's days.

В этот день в истории Майкла / On this day in MJ HiStory

Re: В этот день в истории Майкла / On this day in MJ HiStory

#311  Сообщение MagicalLove » 02 дек 2014, 16:55

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 2nd) / Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 2 декабря )

Изображение

1983 - The short film and single “Thriller”, featuring Vincent Price, and written by Rod Temperton, is released on December 2, 1983. It is a horror story, the victim being a girl (played by Ola Ray in the video) which is reassured by Jackson that she only had a nightmare by waking her up, and that in the midst of that terror she felt,

“Now it’s the time
For you and I to cuddle close together (yeah).
All through the night
I’ll save you from the terror on the screen
Girl, I can thrill you more than any ghoul will ever dare try,”

although on waking his set partner, he turns at the camera, revealing a smile and wearwolf eyes. This represents the clear possibility and belief that monsters (evil-mindedness) can lurk inside of real people as well.

Jackson took a special interest since childhood in studying everything monstrous, especially that which is produced by distorted human perceptions. The entertainer himself was erroneously depicted by the media and at times called a ‘monster’, when Jackson tried all along to evoke and/or illustrate in darker-themed songs/videos such as Thriller, Ghosts, Is It Scary, Threatened, Black Or White or Bad, the terror and pains consuming him various times in his life, and that his public persona is a reflection of the media’s perception of him, including a large part of society’s.

He also was a victim of scare and emotional abuse early in his life, thus reproduced a similar fear in Thriller, where he most likely exorcised his demons, art always being cathartic for Jackson, and a way to express what he wasn’t willing to in real life in front of people, i.e. violence, anger, frustrations or terror. John Landis directs the video/film and Rick Baker is responsible for special effects and make-up. The film costs an estimated 1 million dollars which Jackson himself provides. To re-coup some of the budget costs, John Landis will negotiate a deal with Showtime, MTV and Vestron to fund a 60-minute documentary on the making of the short film. ‘Making Michael Jackson’s Thriller’ will be aired a year later and sold on video tape. It will become the biggest selling music video of all time, with estimated sales of 9 million as of 2006. A week after the single and short film gets released, sales of the album soar and once again, Thriller retains its number-one charts position. At this time, Michael Jackson hires a new manager, Frank DiLeo, who will remain with him for five years.

Having already set the bar high with the album’s first two videos, Billie Jean and Beat It, the third one had to somehow take things further. Director John Landis, director of the 1981 horror comedy American Werewolf in London, was brought in to direct a mini-feature, a video that would take the format further than merely serving as a visual backdrop for a three-minute pop song.

Running almost fourteen minutes, the Thriller video employed horror flick cliches (it was filmed during Halloween season 1983), Michael was transformed into a supernatural ghoul disguised as a seemingly hapless high school boyfriend, who torments his date (played by Ola Ray) by using his uncanny ability to get a pack of corpse zombies to execute spectacularly synchronized dance routines.

The fact that the video had its debut just over a year after the album was first released was a reflection of the album’s enduring popularity and still-mounting sales figures. A stunning finale to the pop sensation of 1983, let alone the century, it also marked a peak and turning point, a period that gradually came to haunt Michael for being a standard too high for even him to repeat.

Having set a new standard for music videos with Billie Jean and Beat It, Michael knew his third video had to take things to a new level. He collaborated with director John Landis on a short movie, a fourteen-minute horror flick/dance number, to promote the song Thriller. Filmed during Halloween week of 1983, it premiered on December 2, 1983 and marked another milestone in the music video genre.

The 7th single from Thriller, was the album’s title track. “Thriller” features the eerie sound of creaking doors and a ghoulish rap by horror fim star Vincent Price. “Thriller” debuted on Billboard’s Hot 100 at #20, making it one of the highest debuting singles ever. “Thriller” entered the top 10 in its 2nd week on the charts, and peaked at #4. It went to #3 on the black singles chart.

For the 7th and final single from Thriller, Michael went all out to create his most elaborate video to date. Costing $1 million to produce, it was the most expensive video ever. It was also the longest video, running 13 minutes, always being broadcast with an opening disclaimer and closing credits.

After seeing the film, An American Werewolf in London, Michael decided he wanted that film’s directer, John Landis, to direct the “Thriller” video. Rick Baker, who did the makeup for An American Werewolf in London, was chosen to do the makeup for “Thriller”, transforming Michael into a werewolf right on camera. Michael’s co-star was Ola Ray.

The story for the “Thriller” video was written by John Landis and Michael Jackson. Running out of gas on their date, Michael starts to walk Ola home. After telling her, “I’m not like other guys”, he transforms into a werewolf in front of her eyes. He chases her through the woods when suddenly the scene swithces to Michael and his date watching the scene in a movie theater. Ola, too scared to watch, leaves the theater with Michael following her out. On their way home, they find themselves surrounded by dead, or rather undead, zombies. Michael becomes one of them and joins them in one of his most dazzling dance routines ever.

Michael said of making the music video, in an interview that aired on December 11, 1999, for MTV’s 100 Greatest Videos Ever Made:

“My idea was to make this short film with conversation… in the beginning – I like having a beginning and a middle and an ending, which would follow a story. I’m very much involved in complete making and creating of the piece. It has to be, you know, my soul. Usually, you know, it’s an interpretation of the music… It was a delicate thing to work on because I remember my original approach was, ‘How do you make zombies and monsters dance without it being comical?’ So I said, ‘We have to do just the right kind of movement so it doesn’t become something that you laugh at.’ But it just has to take it to another level. So I got in a room with [choreographer] Michael Peters, and he and I together kind of imagined how these zombies move by making faces in the mirror. I used to come to rehearsal sometimes with monster makeup on, and I loved doing that. So he and I collaborated and we both choreographed the piece and I thought it should start like that kind of thing and go into this jazzy kind of step, you know. Kind of gruesome things like that, not too much ballet or whatever.”

Makeup artist Rick Baker on his hesitation to work on “Thriller”:
“John told me about the idea but I was reluctant. I got a call from John and he was like, ‘You know who Michael Jackson is?’ and I was like, ‘Yeah, kinda. He’s the guys from The Jackson 5, right?’ And he said, ‘Well he’s got this song called ‘Thriller’ and he wants to do this short film.’ At first I said I didn’t want to do it. It’s not a popular job — it’s like being a dentist in a way: They have to sit still in a chair for hours while you work on them. It’s uncomfortable — it’s not something actors look forward to.”

Makeup artist Rick Baker on Jackson’s off-stage shyness:
“Michael was great and very shy. I remember the first time John came over to shoot us working on Michael’s makeup for his behind-the-scenes stuff — which I wasn’t too happy about and Michael wasn’t too happy about — Michael was so nervous that as soon as the cameras came in, he ran off and hid in the bathroom. So different to when he was performing — ‘Thriller’ was happening during the making of the Motown Anniversary Special, when Michael first did the moonwalk, and one of the guys brought tape of the show in and said, ‘Watch this.’ That was him, when he was performing. That was when he came alive.”

Actress Ola Ray on the experience of filming “Thriller” with Jackson:
“Everyone thinks I made millions, but I don’t care … I wouldn’t change a thing. The minute I walked into the audition, I knew the part was mine. Michael seemed taken by the fact I was a Playboy model. He was cute, but childlike. He loved chasing me or jumping out from behind a wall.”

The purpose of making “Thriller,” in Landis’s mind — it was nobody’s brilliant idea. “I took the job to direct Michael Jackson’s landmark music video because I saw it as a chance to resurrect a genre that had once been a Hollywood staple. It was a great opportunity to bring back the theatrical short. Music videos were new in 1983, and MTV was just two years old. At that time the videos were used to sell records and when Michael decided to do the ‘Thriller’ video, the album had already become the biggest-selling album of all time. It ended up costing $500,000 — still enormous money at that time for that kind of thing. Nobody would give us the money because the album had already been so successful. Michael said he would pay for it, but I wouldn’t let him. He was still living with his parents in Encino, behind a supermarket.”

To qualify for an Academy Award, “Thriller” debuted at a special theatrical screening, along with the 1940 Disney motion picture Fantasia.

The A-list turned out for the premiere at the 500-seat historic Crest Theater; Diana Ross, Warren Beatty, Prince, Eddie Murphy. “I’ve been to the Oscars, the Baftas, the Emmys and the Golden Globes, and I have never seen anything like this,” remembers John Landis. Ola Ray looked for Michael before the lights went down and found him in the projection booth, He told her that she looked beautiful, but refused her entreaty to come sit in the audience, telling her “This is your night, go enjoy yourself.” […] Then came Thriller, cranked at full volume. Fourteen minutes later the crowd was on its feet, applauding and crying “Encore! Encore!” Eddie Murphy shouted “Show the goddamn thing again!” And they did.

——————–

Изображение

2000 - Michael Attends Wedding Ceremony Of Tommy Mottola.

Michael Jackson took a front row seat at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York for the wedding of Sony boss Tommy Mottola and Thalia Sodi. He did not attend the party after the wedding ceremony.

Some of the 1’200 invited friends included Donna Summer, Gloria Estefan, Rosie O’Donnell, Marc Anthony, Emilio Estefan, Jennifer Lopez, Robert De Niro, Saul Kerzner, Danny DeVito, Joe Pesci, Ricky Martin, Bruce Springsteen, Julio Iglesias, Tony Bennett, to name but a few.

———————-

1984 - The Jacksons perform Victory tour at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California, USA attending 55,000 fans.

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Burswood Dome in Perth, Australia attending 18,900 fans.
Изображение

you are in my heart forever icon_colorfulherats

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 4):
Admin (06 дек 2014, 21:20) • Lina (04 дек 2014, 18:37) • Liberian Girl (04 дек 2014, 01:28) • franklin5569 (02 дек 2014, 17:46)
Рейтинг: 36.36%

MagicalLove
Прогресс до нового звания:
69.9%
Благодарил (а): 3518 раз.

#312  Сообщение MagicalLove » 03 дек 2014, 19:00

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 3rd) / Cегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 3 декабря )

Изображение

2001 - Michael Jackson’s album “Invincible” was certified Gold and Platinum by the RIAA.

——————–

1974 - The Jackson Family plays the last of fifteen nights at the MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas (Nevada).

——————–

Изображение

1993 - Michael Jackson’s single “Will You Be There?” was certified Gold.

———————

Изображение

2001 - Michael Jackson’s single “Cry” was released internationally.

1993 - Michael Jackson’s single “Will You Be There?” was certified Gold.

———————

2001 - Michael Jackson’s single “Cry” was released internationally.

———————-

2002 - Michael appears in court in Santa Maria (California) with a bandaged and swollen foot to testify in an ongoing lawsuit claiming that he failed to carry out two millennium concerts for which he had been contracted.

2004 - Police raided Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch for a second time in search of evidence in the child-molestation case against him. The next day the police returned and asked Jackson to submit a DNA sample.
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

Admin (06 дек 2014, 21:20) • Lina (04 дек 2014, 18:37) • Liberian Girl (04 дек 2014, 01:27) • franklin5569 (03 дек 2014, 23:26)

MagicalLove
69.9%

#313  Сообщение MagicalLove » 03 дек 2014, 20:43

Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

Admin (06 дек 2014, 21:20) • TAIS (06 дек 2014, 19:00) • Lina (04 дек 2014, 18:38) • franklin5569 (03 дек 2014, 23:27)

MagicalLove
69.9%

#314  Сообщение MagicalLove » 05 дек 2014, 20:26

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 5th) / Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 5 декабря )

Изображение

2001 - Radio station KIIS-FM announced that the King of Pop will make a special appearance at “KIIS-FM’s Jingle Ball”, taking place on December 19, 2001 at Staples Center, Los Angeles.

————-

2006 - Articles mention of a future scheduled relief-oriented visit of Jackson’s to Rwanda, intended for June, 2007, according to Kije Mugisha, the Deputy Director General of the Rwandan bureau of information, adding that the singer has been interested in the children’s education, health care system and the media therein. A visit to South Africa with his children around the same period of time – most likely, one outside the public eye, not receiving media coverage – is confirmed by Jackson in the November, 2007 issue of Ebony magazine, in which he expresses enthusiasm for the “simulator rides, movie theaters, wave pools”, “the record stores, the candy store” therein etc. Throughout the years, the pop star has manifested interest in the continent’s welfare (during speeches, magazine interviews and such), planning to create education centers, family-themed parks, and offering personal financial support, as well as collaboratively through charity songs (i.e. “We Are The World”).

—————-

Изображение

2001 - Also on that day, news broke that Michael will be Best Man at Liza Minnelli’s and David Gest’s wedding in March next year.

—————-

2001 - Plus, also on December 05, 2001 the NAACP Image Awards announced six nominations for Michael Jackson’s new album and the “30th Anniversary” for next year’s NAACP Image Awards.

—————

Изображение

2001 - The single of Cry is released in Europe while Butterflies is played on US radios.

—————

Изображение

1996 - Michael arrives in Manila (Phillipines).

—————

Изображение

2002 - A Santa Maria, CA, judge ordered Michael Jackson to undergo a medical examination after he failed to show up for court due to a spider bite.

————-

Изображение

2003 - A spokesperson for Epic Records said “there’s no chance that “One More Chance” will be released by Epic Records.” The video was planned to debut on a CBS special on Michael Jackson. The show was indefinitely delayed after a child molestation accusation was made public against Jackson in November 2003.

Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 5):
Lina (07 дек 2014, 19:40) • Admin (06 дек 2014, 21:20) • TAIS (06 дек 2014, 19:00) • franklin5569 (06 дек 2014, 02:26) • Liberian Girl (05 дек 2014, 23:57)
Рейтинг: 45.45%

MagicalLove
69.9%

#315  Сообщение MagicalLove » 10 дек 2014, 20:18

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 10th) / Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 10 декабря )

Изображение

1979 - Michael Jackson’s album “Off The Wall” was certified Gold and Platinum by the RIAA.

———————–

Изображение

1983 - Michael’s 7th single to reach the top 10 in 1983 was Say Say Say. With Say Say Say becoming his 7th top 10 single in 1983, Michael broke records previously held by Elvis Presley and the Beatles for the most top 10 singles in one year. The single went to #1 on the Hot 100 the week of December 10, 1983, and stayed for 6 weeks. It peaked at #2 on the black chart.

———————–

1988 - Michael perform the second of 9 dates at Tokyo Dome in Tokyo during the Japanese leg of Bad tour.

1988 - Michael Jackson won Best Male Artist and Best Album Of The Year (for “Bad”) at the NAACP 21st Image Awards. The show was broadcast on January 14, 1989.

———————-

Изображение

1992 - At a press conference at the American Consulate, Michael accepts a cheque of $100 000 for Heal The World.

At the American Consulate of Japan, Pepsi rewards Michael’s contributions by way of his “Heal The World” organization with a check for 100,000 dollars.

At the American Consulate of Japan – where he is recompensed by Pepsi for his “HTWF” contributions – he makes a speech in which he extols children’s inspirational intelligence and its healing qualities. He states: “Thank you. I’m very happy to be here in Japan again. It’s very nice to see all the children […]. The innocence of children represents to me the source of infinite creativity, and I feel that this is where all my creativity comes from. This is not an intellectual kind of intelligence, but an intelligence that is full of wonder, magic, mystery and adventure. In this intelligence, there is love, there is trust, there is joy and there is beauty. It is the kind of intelligence that will heal the world. That is why I am here and that is why we are here. Thank you very much. I love you.”

———————-

1993 - Michael proved all the sceptics wrong by returning home to the United States.

1995 - Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley separated. They had been married in May 1994. They were divorced, citing irreconcilable differences, on January 18, 1996.

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Asia World City in Parañaque, Philippines attending 40,000 fans.

——————–

1998 - Michael and Debbie attend a dinner in honour of Dr Arnold Klein.

2004 - Michael Jackson’s attorneys filed a motion to dismiss the child molestation charges against Jackson on the grounds of “vindictive prosecution and outrageous government conduct.” The motion was made public on December 13.

2010 - It was reported that the Jackson 5′s “I’ll Be There” had been inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

Liberian Girl (11 дек 2014, 02:24) • Admin (11 дек 2014, 00:25) • franklin5569 (11 дек 2014, 00:17) • Lina (10 дек 2014, 22:24)

MagicalLove
69.9%

#316  Сообщение MagicalLove » 12 дек 2014, 17:52

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 12th) / Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 12 декабря )

Изображение

1996 - Michael perform HIStory concert at Tokyo Dome in Tokyo dattending 45,000 fans.

On a longer stop from HIStory tour in Japan, in December, 1996, Jackson appears at Tower Records on December 12, where he is welcomed by fans with flowers. He takes part in a Hand In Cement Ceremony where he set his hand and signature in plaster for a plaque to be displayed in the store permanently.

Michael also makes a brief speech there: “Hello, thank you very much for having me. I just want you to know I love you all very much and I’m glad to be back in Japan. Thank you.” After which he sinks his hand in cement while fans chant “You Are Not Alone”, wipes his hand with a towel and proceeds: “You, guys, sound beautiful singing. Harmony. [smiles] I just want to say thank again for having me here and I’m very happy to be back in Japan and I love you more. I love you more. Thank you.”

Изображение

——————–

1992 - Michael resumed the Dangerous World Tour on 12th December 1992, with a series of eight sold-out dates at Japan’s Tokyo Dome. For much of 1993, however, he put the tour ‘on hold’, so he could concentrate on other projects.

———————

Изображение

1998 - Michael attended the Grand Opening of Sun International’s US$ 450 million “Royal Towers of Atlantis Resort” on Paradise Island in the Bahamas.

“Celebration of Atlantis Rising” for 1,600 invited guests was an unforgettable event culminating in a spectacular fireworks display, a thundering, brilliantly choreographed extravaganza by Fireworks by Grucci.

The monumental bash featuring a surprise performances by Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Natalie Cole, Tevin Campbell, James Ingram, Stephanie Mills, N-Tyce and others, was a party for the ages.

Michael performing Heal The World guests at grand opening ceremonies included Leonardo di Caprio, Julia Roberts, Oprah Winfrey, Alfre Woodard, Sidney Poitier, Lee Majors, Donald Trump, Carmen Electra, Chris Noth, Denzel and Pauletta Washington, Quincy Jones, Ivana Trump, Jimmy Buffet, Julia Ormond, Keri Russell, Larry Flynt, Ashford & Simpson, Robin Leach, and dozens of others.

Michael performed Heal The World – a short, impromptu live performance when he was handed a microphone and asked to sing which, somewhat reluctantly, he did.

———————-

Изображение

1992 - Michael Jackson’s single “Heal The World” hit #2 in the U.K.

———————

1995 - Michael Jackson left Beth Israel Medical Center North in a white van. Jackson was hospitalized after collapsing in a New York theater while rehearsing for a TV special on December 6.
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

Admin (20 дек 2014, 07:21) • Lina (12 дек 2014, 19:25) • Liberian Girl (12 дек 2014, 18:59) • franklin5569 (12 дек 2014, 18:15)

MagicalLove
69.9%

#317  Сообщение MagicalLove » 17 дек 2014, 22:54

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 17th) / Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 17 декабря )

Изображение

1978 - The Jacksons released their third album on the Epic label, DESTINY, on December 17, 1978. Having parted ways with the Gamble & Huff production team (1977’s Goin’ Places was a poor seller), Michael and his brothers had more creative control than ever.

Destiny album eventually peaked at #11 on the Billboard Pop Albums chart and #3 on the Billboard Black Albums chart and went on to platinum status cementing it as the first RIAA-certified platinum seller by the Jacksons as most of their Motown recordings were uncertifiable despite their huge success on the charts, and over 2 million copies worldwide.

A party was held to celebrate the album’s success and to present the group with a platinum copy of Destiny. Los Angeles mayor Tom Bradley declared “Jacksons Day” and a celebration was held in a bank vault specially equipped with a dance floor at the City National Bank of Beverly Hills, Michael’s date for the occasion was Tatum O’Neal, his first real love, as Michael says, “after Diana.”

All of the songs on Destiny, with the exception of one, was written by the Jacksons, or by Michael and Randy. Michael and Randy wrote together most often because they were the only two brothers still living at home. The only song on the album that was not written by the Jacksons was the first single, “Blame It On The Boogie”, which was co-written by Michael Jackson. This Michael Jackson however, is white and from England. Despite its catchy disco beat and lyrics, “Blame It On The Boogie” reached only a disappointing #54 on the pop singles chart. The single did however, reach #3 on the black singles chart.

The most successful single from Destiny was the 2nd release, “Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground”, co-written by Michael and Randy, became a signature tune of the disco age. This infectious dance tune peaked at #7 on the pop singles chart and #3 on the black singles chart. Michael, in a rare interview for a radio program, recalled writing the song with Randy. “Randy was going around the house humming a tune and I liked it. I asked him what it was and he said, ‘It’s nothing.’ I said, ‘No, it’s something.’” Michael went on to write the melody and lyrics for “Shake Tour Body”. “I don’t know where it came from. God, I say.”

“Through the ages, the peacock has been honoured and praised for its attractive, illustrious beauty. In all the bird family, the peacock is the only species that integrates all colours into one, and displays this radiance of fire only when in love. We like the peacock, try to integrate all races into one, through the love and power of music.” [from dedication also included on "Triumph" written by Michael and Jackie Jackson for Peacock Productions]

Изображение

——————–

Изображение

1997 - Michael visits british boxer Prince Naseem at a gymnasium in New York. While in New York, he meets Puff Daddy to speak of a possible collaboration together.

———————

Изображение

2004 - Michael welcomes 200 unprivilged children to spend the day at Neverland. 50 journalists are also invited including Geraldo Rivera whom Michael thanks for his support.
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 5):
Admin (20 дек 2014, 07:21) • Dream (19 дек 2014, 15:21) • franklin5569 (18 дек 2014, 04:22) • Liberian Girl (18 дек 2014, 01:40) • Lina (17 дек 2014, 23:36)
Рейтинг: 45.45%

MagicalLove
69.9%

#318  Сообщение MagicalLove » 21 дек 2014, 01:14

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 20th) Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 20 декабря )

Изображение

2002 - Gold magazine publishes an interview of Michael.

Michael Jackson is the king of pop, the man who made the biggest selling album in history, a man whose dance routines and tunes have entranced people in every corner of the globe, from Johannesburg to Jakarta, from London to L.A.

But he is also an enigma. A child star with his siblings in the Jackson Five, he comes from an immensely talented family and, as youngest son, carved for himself the most successful solo career of all of them. He is one of the few world-famous children who have gone on to become world-famous adults; and now he is reinventing himself again, as a film star.

Despite his fame, despite the fact that he has been performing, creating and improvising almost since he was old enough to walk, Jackson is shy of publicity. He may have hordes of fans and photographers surrounding him whenever he steps out in public, but he is an intensely private man who lives with his family on his fairy-tale Neverland ranch in California. In this rare interview, he talks candidly to Magdalena, the Gold Girl, about fame, the burden of his childhood stardom, his view on the media, and his future in film.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Do you most see yourself as a musician, an entertainer or an entrepreneur?”
Michael Jackson: Probably all of the above, because I love entertaining and I always will love entertaining. I love becoming a slave to rhythm. Because dancing is about interpreting the sounds and accompaniments of the orchestra. You know, you become the sound, you become the bass, you become whatever you hear, and you do it bodily. But I try not to get so caught up in it all that you don’t think about your future. So many great entertainers have just been taken in the past, and they ended up lonely, sad and broken. I’ve always said to myself, I never want to be that way and I’m going to try my hardest to learn about the business side, support myself, invest my money, save. Who knows what tomorrow brings? You want to be protected financially so you can support yourself.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Would you like to be remembered as a great entertainer?”
Michael Jackson: I love movies and I love art – and an architect is an entertainer, the guy who builds a rollercoaster is an entertainer. He knows where to build the slopes, and the big anticipation when you go up… He makes you go,’Oh my God!’ when you get to the top before you come down. It’s just the same as structuring a show or a dance.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Does it ever become a burden to be one of the most recognized stars in the world?”
Michael Jackson: There’s nowhere in the world I can actually go and have privacy. The thing that hurts the most is the fact that your privacy is taken away from you. To use the silly expression, you live in a fishbowl, but it’s true. I do disguises… People know them all, it’s very hard, very hard.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “What kind of disguises?”
Michael Jackson: Bat suits, buck teeth, glasses, afros, prosthetics, make-up jobs, everything. Just to sit in the audience and experience it the way an audience would experience a show; I want to feel how they feel.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Do they find you out?”
Michael Jackson: Sometimes, yes. In the beginning, no. Then they start looking me in the eyes. I put these things on and then they start looking behind the glasses… Girls are very smart, you know. You can trick a guy quicker than you can trick a girl. Women can just pick it up. They know the way you move your body, the way you walk, the way you gesture. I hear them go,’Look at the way he moves his hand’, or ‘ Look at the way he was walking’, and I think,’ Oh no.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “If You were invisible for a day in London, what would you do?”
Michael Jackson: Oh boy. Who would I like to slap? Let me see {laughs}… I think I’d find one of the tabloid paparazzis and kick his ass , moonwalk style. I’d really like to knock them off one of those little scooters they ride around on, I really would, knock the cameras right out of their hands. They’re so anoying. I’d go for them first, yeah. They drive you nuts. You can’t get away from them. It’s terrible.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Who has inspired you the most professionally, and who do you relate to?”
Michael Jackson: Probably Walt Disney; because when I was little I grew up in an adult world. I grew up on stage. I grew up in night clubs. When I was seven, eight years old I was in nightclubs. I saw striptease girls take off all their clothes. I saw fights break out. I saw people throw up on each other. I saw adults act like pigs. That’s why to this day I hate clubs. I don’t like going to clubs – I did that already, I’ve been there. That’s why I compensate now for what I didn’t do then. So when you come to my house, you’ll see I have rides, I have a movie theatre, I have animals. I love animals – elephants and giraffes and lions and tigers and bears, all kinds of snakes. I get to do all those wonderful things that I didn’t get to do when I was little, because we didn’t have those things. We didn’t have Christmas. We didn’t have sleepovers. We didn’t have school, we had private school when we were touring. I didn’t go to a state school. We tried it for two weeks and it didn’t work. It was very difficult. It’s hard growing up a celebrity child. Very few make that transition from child star to adult star. It’s very difficult. I relate to Shirley Temple. I met her in San Francisco and I sat at her table and I cried so bad. She said,’What’s wrong Michael?’ I said,’I love you. I need to be around you more.’ She goes,’You’re one of us, aren’t you?’ and I said ‘Yes, I am.’ Somebody else said,’What do you mean?’ and she said,’Michael knows what I mean.’ And I know exactly what she meant – to have been there as a child star and to have graduated to have succeeded in making that transition to fame as an adult is very difficult. When you’re a child star people don’t want you to grow up. They want you to stay little for ever. They don’t want you to work afterwards. It’s very hard.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Tell me more about your interests in theme parks – what is it about them that interests you?”
Michael Jackson: My favourite thing about theme parks – and I have a pretty good outlook on it because I’ve travelled the world many times over – is I love seeing people simply come together with their families and have fun. It really does bring them closer together. I go for fun, but I also go to study. I go after hours to most parks because I can’t go in the regular hours. They’re kind of like a ghost town.

Изображение

Magdalena “gold girl”: “I hear you have some ideas for a theme park in Las Vegas?”
Michael Jackson: I’ve done many projects in Las Vegas, and what I think I’ve done is I’ve widend the demographic there. Because when I was a little kid – I was no more than eight years old – my brothers and I would go to Las Vegas, and at that time kids weren’t even allowed to walk on a casino floor. So we used to stay up in our rooms, bored, with nothing to do while everyone else gambled. There was only one place for kids in Vegas at the time, called Circus Circus. It was a hotel and the theme they had there was clowns, So there was a trapease man and there were chimps doing the little unicycles. When I got older we played Vegas a lot – we performed there many, many times – and I thought about it and I said,’It’s really not fair that there’s nothing here for children,’ so I started to conceive a couple of ideas for certain hotel owners. And now it’s like the family-themed vacation kingdom, it really is.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Who are your favourite people?”
Michael Jackson: I love people who have really contributed to the pleasure and hapiness of the planet and mankind, people with light – from Walt Disney to Ghandi to Edison to Martin Luther King. These are people with light, people who really cared about children, bringing families together, and love. That’s what I try to say in my music and in my songs. If you go to one of my concerts, my shows, you will see 200,000 people swaying, holding candles, saying,’We want to heal the world,’ and ‘We love you.’ I’ve seen it around the world from Russia to Germany to Poland to Africa to America. We’re all the same. People cry in the same places in the show. They get angry in the same places in the show, they get the pathos in the same places.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Was Fred Astaire your friend?”
Michael Jackson: Yes. Fred Astaire was my neighbour. I used to see him every day when I was riding my little motorscooter. He always told me, he would always say when I was a little kid,’You’re gonna be a big star.’ He told me that he thought I was an incredible entertainer and a great mover. And he always used to say,’You’re the best,’ and I’d say,’No, you’re the best.’ I remember the first time I did the moonwalk. Fred called me at home. He was screaming on the phone, raving. He said it was the best performance he’d ever seen. I said,’Oh, come on.’ He said,’Michael, you put them on their ass.You’re a hell of a mover. You’re a hell of a dancer.’ I said,’Well, coming from you, I don’t need any awards.’ Because I was nominated for an Emmy for that performance, and I didn’t get it, but it didn’t matter to me because Fred Astaire said he loved my performance, and that’s all the award I needed.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “If you could work with anyone, alive or dead, who would that be?”
Michael Jackson: If I could work with anybody it would be Charlie Chaplin, who I love so much. Also, Laurence oliver was a genius, really. Those two guys, I think. And also the king, Brando.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Last year you put together a short film, You Rock My World, with the assistence of Marlon Brando. What was it like working with the master?”
Michael Jackson: Brando is a good friend of mine. He’s very much like me. He doesn’t go many places. He comes to Neverland or he stays in my house in Mulholland Drive, or he goes to Tahiti. His son worked for me for more than 20 years, and his other son was in my class in private school. He’s just a giant. You see, Brando’s smart, because when he works with me he always says,’I know what buttons to push to get emotion from you.’ He knows me so well. He knows how to get me ticked off, so he’ll say certain things to get me really geared up. He’s a genius. He’s a king. He’s the last of that generation. He’s a brilliant man, a lovely person. I love him and he’s my good friend.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “You had a cameo in Men In Black II, was that fun to work on?”
Michael Jackson: The Men In Black project really was a lot of fun because I introduced myself as the new guy.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “It was obvious from the video of Thriller that you have a great interest in the visual arts.”
Michael Jackson: Everything I do I like either to direct myself, or work closely with the director – we co-direct and come up with the ideas together. If you look at Ghosts, it says co-written by Michael Jackson and Stephen King. We wrote it on the telephone, Stephen and I – he’s a lovely guy, he’s amazing. We wrote it on the phone, just talking together.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Who are the figures in the movie business you most admire, and why?”
Michael Jackson: I just love Robert De Niro. I think he’s such a multi-faceted actor. He can play anything from a comedian to a preist to a psychopathic killer to an idiot to a charming uncle to just anything. And of course, any of the great dancers.

Magdalena “gold girl
”: “Who would be your ideal leading lady, and why?”
Michael Jackson: An actress? {laughs} You and I should do a film together. Let’s do it, I’d love that…

Magdalena “gold girl”: “There was talk of you going to the moon to perform an authentic moonwalk here. Is there any truth in this?”
Michael Jackson: {laughs} There is some truth in it. It’s not a rumour. I’ll just say that.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “You outbid Paul McCartney for the Beatles archive. What was so special about it?”
Michael Jackson: No, I didn’t, he didn’t bid for it. It was for sale and I liked it and I bought it, like buying a piece of art.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Tell me more about your passion for children’s charities. Which organizations do you support?”
Michael Jackson: Well, I have a charity for kids that I created myself, called Heal the World. And whenever I do a concert or anything pertaining to entertainment, I give a certain amount to Heal the World – you know orphanages, hospitals, kids who need a lung or a liver, we’ll find it, we’ll pay for the surgery. On tour, I do as many hospitals and orphanages as I do concerts. We go to 12-years-olds and we take boxes and boxes and boxes of toys, a bunch of Michael Jackson posters and paraphernalia. They love it.

Изображение

Magdalena “gold girl”: “How much more do you feel you want to achieve in your life?”
Michael Jackson: I’m never satisfied. There are so many different avenues and so many different things that I want to do. I’ve done a lot, but I don’t think it’s enough, which is why I don’t put up any awards or anything in my house. You won’t see any awards in my house, I put them all away in storage. Because if you get caught up in that, you start to feel like,’Oh, man, I did it.’ There’s so much more, so many more mountains to climb.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “If one of your children came to you and said,’Dad, I want to be a pop star,’ what’s the best advise you could give them?”
Michael Jackson: The best advise that I would give them is it’s a lot of hard work, and be propared, because it’s not all joy all the time. And that you’ve got to have rhinoceros skin, because the bigger the star, the bigger the target. The tabloid press are bastards, and you’ve got to have rhinoceros skin to deal with that kind of ignorance mentality. They do it simply to sell papers, because bad news sell, not good news. They simply make it up. If they don’t have anything, they just make it up. I’m nothing like the way the tabloids have painted me out to be, nothing. Nothing like that. They’re the ones who are crazy. They’re ignorant. I always say to my fans ‘Let’s have a tabloid burning. Let’s make a big mountain out of tabloids and just burn them.’ The real fans who love me know that garbage isn’t true. They know. They’re smart.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Have you always wanted to do film? If your family had not been such successful musicians, would you have turned to it earlier in your life?”
Michael Jackson: I’ve always wanted to do film, but the tours got in the way. That’s why I want to take several years off just doing film. I’d like to get six great movies behind me, and then I’ll do a little bit of touring, then I’ll do more filming.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “What kind of ideas do you have for film?”
Michael Jackson: I have ideas for film and movement and dance and things that people have never seen. I can’t wait to just surprise people. That’s why I’ve been dying to start a film production company, and I’m very excited that that’s what we’re doing with Neverland Pictures. I get to just have a clean slate and play and create and sculpt.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Tell me a little bit about the werewolf idea in your films, and how does it relate to video?”
Michael Jackson: I haven’t read the script yet for Wolfed – it’s one of the movies that we’re going to be making and I’m really excited about it. I’m so happy to be working with Sammy Lee {the co-writer of Music Box, who recently acquired ‘first look’ rights to Jackson’s films}. We’re doing some great projects together in film, and I’m really excited.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “And Wolfed will be the first film?”
Michael Jackson: As of now, our schedule says that Wolfed will be the first film. That’s going to be fun. I want it to be really scary. Rick Baker wants to do all the visual effects. He has seven Academy awards. Rick is very excited about it too – he did American Werewolf in London. He won an Oscar, and he said,’Michael, that was nothing.’ That’s nothing compared to what he can do today. And he did Thriller and he said of that,’It’s nothing’. He can go way beyond that. He did all the Eddie Murphy films, Clumps and Nutty Professor and all that Men In Black stuff too. He does all that.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “So tell me how you would like to be remembered?”
Michael Jackson: How would I like to be remembered? As a person who came and brought light to the world, some escapism. Also as the voice for the voiceless children, because I love them. I’m living for the children. If it weren’t for the kids, I would throw in the towel. A baby, a child – now that’s amazing. They’re little geniuses, you know, little geniuses. They really are.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Do you enjoy being a father?”
Michael Jackson: It’s my favourite thing. I love it. I love it. I love it.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “The other day I saw you pick up your daughter when she was sleeping. You just picked her up, and I could see the joy in your face…”
Michael Jackson: Oh, I love them. The Jacksons have a lot of kids. I have a lot of nephews and nieces. There’s a lot of us!

Magdalena “gold girl”: “What is your relationship with your brothers and sisters?”
Michael Jackson: I love my brothers and sisters. When I’m with them we laugh. It’s like a different version of yourself. We can just laugh and giggle and talk about old times. We’re not together as much as we’d like to be. We’re all busy. We’re all in showbusiness. We’re always doing something. If I’m in town, Janet’s out of town. If we’re both here, my brother’s somewhere else. Everybody’s running around, you know.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “Are you a family man? What do you like doing with your family?”
Michael Jackson: My personal family? My Children? We love just sitting together, talking, shooting the breeze. We sit by the lake. I take the for a walk every day at my house. We sit by the lake and we throw rocks in the water and we just talk.

Magdalena “gold girl”: “What do you think is the deepest form of love someone can feel? And have you felt it?”
Michael Jackson: Wow, I think that’s really a matter of opinion. Have I felt the deepest form of love? I don’t know what would be the deepest… {long pause} and interesting question… {repeats question a few times}. I love my children very, very much, and I always look in their eyes and tell them that – I think that’s the most important thing.

——————

Изображение

2008 - Michael is spotted wearing a Zorro mask while visiting his Dr Arnlold Klein, his dermatomogist’s office in Beverly Hills.

——————-

1998 - Michael takes Prince and Paris to the Hilton grandchildren in New York .

2003 - Michael returns to Neverland for the first time since it was searched for a private get together entitled “You Are Not Alone” which about 600 friends & family attend

Michael who does not consider Neverland as his home anymore, moves in a rented mansion in Beverly Hills with Grace & the kids.
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

Admin (22 дек 2014, 03:57) • Lina (21 дек 2014, 07:31) • Liberian Girl (21 дек 2014, 04:10) • franklin5569 (21 дек 2014, 02:14)

MagicalLove
69.9%

#319  Сообщение MagicalLove » 21 дек 2014, 23:13

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 21st) / Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 21 декабря )

Изображение

2001 - Michael Jackson makes a surprise visit on stage at KIIS-FM, Jingle Ball concert in Staples Center, Los Angeles, Ca.

There was the requisite weird moment during a brief “special appearance” by Michael Jackson, that beloved mystery man and so-called King of Pop, who was handed an expensive-looking glass trophy.

Suddenly, people who had been missing from their seats for nearly all of Wednesday night’s Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center appeared from out of nowhere, tickets in hand, to claim their rightful vantage point. The arena bristled with the kind of energy that only the King of Pop could inspire.

Radio host Rick Dees of the Top 40 mainstay KIIS-FM (102.7) and basketball legend Magic Johnson presented the King of Pop with the KIIS-FM Los Angelese Legend Award to celebrate his contribution to the music industry. Michael’s appearance was brief but he did say these few words,

“To the public, to the fans, I love you from the bottom of my heart. Merry Christmas!”

Sugar Ray, Shakira, Alicia Keys, Craig David, Lifehouse, Five for Fighting and LFO are among the bands featured at the sold-out KIIS-FM Jingle Ball.

——————–

1992 - While in Tokyo, Japan, during his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson visits the offices of Sony
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

Lina (22 дек 2014, 21:47) • Liberian Girl (22 дек 2014, 04:15) • Admin (22 дек 2014, 03:57) • franklin5569 (21 дек 2014, 23:18)

MagicalLove
69.9%

#320  Сообщение MagicalLove » 25 дек 2014, 17:35

Today In Michael Jackson History (December 25th) / Сегодня в истории Майкла Джексона ( 25 декабря )

Изображение

1995 - Michael leaves a videotaped Christmas message for the British music TV program “Top of the Pops” viewers, presenters and fans from his Neverland Ranch: “Hello, Top Of The Pops. Hello, and thank you for all your love, your support and your loyalty. I love you all so much, it has been a source of strength and inspiration. I wish you a very happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year. I look forward to seeing you soon, and I love you all dearly. Thank you very much.”

—————

1988 - Michael perform 8th of 9 dates at Tokyo Dome in Tokyo during the Japanese leg of Bad tour.

—————

Изображение

2003 - From the Beverly Hills Hotel, Michael gives an interview to Ed Bradley (shown on CBS’s 60 minutes 3 days later) in the presence of Mark Geragos, Leonard Muhammad & Grace.

Impassioned Michael vehemently denies the charges against him, “Before I would hurt a child, I would slit my wrists”

“I’ve helped many, many, many children, thousands of children, cancer kids, leukemia kids. This is one of many.” Michael says his relationship with this boy he first met a year ago was positive. He says he was determined to help him with his battle against cancer.

“When I first saw him, he was total bald—headed, white as snow from the chemotherapy, very bony, looked anorexic, no eyebrows, no eyelashes. And he was so weak, I would have to carry him from the house to the game room, or push him in a wheelchair, to try to give him a childhood, a life. Cause I felt bad. Because I never had that chance, too, as a child… Not being sick, but not having had a childhood. So, my heart go out to those children I feel their pain.”

Jackson says he tried to help in the healing process by taking the boy around the grounds of Neverland to Jackson’s favorite places. “He had never really climbed a tree. So, I had this tree that I have at Neverland. I call it, “My Giving Tree.” Cause I like to write songs up there. I’ve written many songs up there. So, I said, “You have to climb a tree. That’s part of boyhood. You just gotta do it.”
I helped him up. And once he went up — up the tree, we looked down on the branches. And it was so beautiful. It was magical. And he loved it. To give him a chance to have a life… Because he was told he was going to die. They told him. They told his parents prepare for his funeral, that’s how bad it was. And I put him on a program. I’ve helped many children doing this. I put him on a mental program.”

When Bradley asks him why a child would accuse him if it weren’t true, he replies: “Because parents have power over children. They feel they have to do what their parents say. But the love of money is the root of all evil. And this is a sweet child. And to see him turn like this, this isn’t him. This is not him.”

Michael adds: “Just because it’s in print doesn’t mean it’s the gospel. People write negatives things, cause they feel that’s what sells.” He also says that the police search of Neverland Ranch was overdone and so violated his privacy that his home will never be the same. He tells Bradley, “I won’t live there ever again. It’s a house now. It’s not a home anymore. I’ll only visit.”

—————–

Изображение

1971 - Sugar Daddy by the The Jackson 5 enters the Billboard US Top 40 Singles chart, where it will peak at No 10 during an eight-week run.

—————–

1972 - Ben becomes the No 1 pop single in Australia’s Kent Music Report.

1988 - Michael plays the eighth of nine dates in this month at Tokyo Dome, Tokyo (Japan) to an audience of 45,000.

———————
Изображение

Показать ссылки поста

За это сообщение автора MagicalLove поблагодарили (всего 2):
Liberian Girl (26 дек 2014, 05:00) • Lina (25 дек 2014, 19:10)
Рейтинг: 18.18%

MagicalLove
69.9%

Пред.След.

Вернуться в ДАТЫ / DATES